austinious

Strap Cutters

https://www.springfieldleather.com/Rotary-Strap-Cutter

Is anyone familiar with this machine, or the others like it?  Or even the Weaver manual strap cutter?

I made this cutter awhile back and it works great, clamp it to my table and cut away, BUT set up is a bit of a chore, thus I cut a ton of straps at once.

I typically cut from 1/4" to 3" wide and everywhere in between.  It is very difficult to find ANY review on these type of cheaper strap cutters, or even the larger Cobra machines.

Any advice is appreciated.

PXL_20210717_125853288.jpg

The machine in the link you show is likely an excellent machine but if you check a little more you can get one from Cowboy or Techsew that also has the option of a feed wheel on the other side that can be used for quite a few other things like strap folding, piping making and strap combining etc. This is a link to a recent video on the Cowboy version -

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page you can see the machine and I would guess if you contacted your nearest dealer they could help you more. https://www.cowboysew.com/leather-belt-manufacturing-machine.htm

If you are in Australia anybody is welcome to come and try one out at my place. I will have some more video's of this machine showing off some more uses that this machine can be useful for like fringe making etc.

Thanks so much!

I swear I looked online a bunch and couldn't find much. Definitely not this video.