Danne

Applicator "sponge"

I recently saw someone using isopropanol to even out the last layer of edge paint. (It was a story clip on Instagram, but can't find it now) he used a small white "sponge looking thing" and he held it with some tweezers. It almost looked like magic eraser. Anyone know what I talk about? I would guess this is also used by some people to dye or paint edges.

5 minutes ago, jcuk said:

It might be suitable for my purpose. Will have to look around here in the city, so I don't have to order something like that online. They are cheap, but shipping will cost a lot for that low amount.

5 minutes ago, Danne said:

It might be suitable for my purpose. Will have to look around here in the city, so I don't have to order something like that online. They are cheap, but shipping will cost a lot for that low amount.

They are make up sponges you can get them anywhere local supermarket should have them.

6 minutes ago, jcuk said:

They are make up sponges you can get them anywhere local supermarket should have them.

I think this was what I was looking for. Which may be the same type as you use.

https://www.rmleathersupply.com/products/dye-sponges-3-pack?variant=35473366723

The original idea goes back to the seventies for sure, likely older, someone took a knife to a bath sponge, stuck a chunk in some florists wire and span it closed in a hand drill. Now you can get craft EVA and upholstery foam, you can likely carve to shape.