donohueleather

Hello from the PNW

I skipped this thread and went straight to a "help!" post, so I'll circle back here.

Not entirely new to leather-craft, but have been working in a limited scope for a while (holsters, knife sheaths, belts & wallets primarily).

I'm looking to learn new skills and gather information from those more experienced in bag making as well as??? whatever else comes up?

I do leather work primarily to fulfill my need for "creating stuffs" as well as relieve stress and occasionally make some extra cash (which typically goes to tools, materials or whiskey).

Constructive critique is appreciated. :feedback:

Welcome to the forum!
You may not get immediate answers to questions or problems, but there are a lot of helpful folks here with an incredible depth and breadth of knowledge. 
Part of the learning process here in the forum is figuring out which sub-forum is best for a particular question topic -- there are places devoted to tooling, to dyes, to sewing machines, to sharpening...it's all there. 

Is the PNW a thing or a place???

2 hours ago, toxo said:

Is the PNW a thing or a place???

PNW is the Pacific NorthWest in the USA.  US states of Washington, Oregon mostly, but you might extend that into Idaho and Northern California.   ;)

I can certainly see how that could be confusing to the rest of the world!

*End geography lesson*   

- Bill

Check out pslac.org   

9 hours ago, DJole said:

Welcome to the forum!
You may not get immediate answers to questions or problems, but there are a lot of helpful folks here with an incredible depth and breadth of knowledge. 
Part of the learning process here in the forum is figuring out which sub-forum is best for a particular question topic -- there are places devoted to tooling, to dyes, to sewing machines, to sharpening...it's all there. 

Thanks, Yeah I've come here a few times previously when looking for information, usually was able to find a thread that was helpful. Noticed a few people are from the puget sound area on here as well.

1 hour ago, stelmackr said:

Check out pslac.org   

Will do!

Welcome! I'm new to the forums as well and have never worked with leather (yet) but am planning to! I am also from the PNW (BC Canada).

Kinda late welcoming you but, welcome! I'm from the Olympic peninsula so, up in your neck of the woods.