knivesarequiet

Is this hand sewn?

Most likely someone selling something they made themselves and passing it off as a well known brand. Thousands of High end products are copied every day, some to sell at silly prices others to sell at low prices and fool few. just look at so called Rolex watches you can buy for £20

No.... it is machine sewn, as you said it has tracks from the sewing machine and it has been back tacked 4 or 5 times each side.

@knivesarequiet  welcome to the forum .........and to  the world of leather  :) 

HS 

6 hours ago, knivesarequiet said:

What gives?

Looks to me like it was done using a machine. I guess they used their hands to guide it through a machine and the pieces were sewn together so... " Hand Sewn ". Hopefully this type of item doesn't fool many people.

kgg

That is nice work.

kgg

Thanks man. I put a lot of effort into this stuff. There's so much I need to get better at. Here's a satchel I made. I watched a video countless times and tried one for myself. Gussets are really difficult. Hopefully I do better on my 2nd attempt. It was supposed to be for my gf but it turned out to be a bit to beefy for her. 6" gussets and 8oz veg tan. Hand died and sewn.

satchel1.jpg

satchel2.jpg

satchel3.jpg

I made a number of mistakes but overall I really like it. And it's tough as nails.

Looks pretty good to me!

Regarding the misidentified/lied about handsewing, we can really only be true to ourselves, each other and the craft. Some folks don't have those concerns.

Edited by battlemunky