Some of my latest work, just thought I'd share

20210722_082935.jpg

20210722_082917.jpg

20210722_082906.jpg

holy cow you have been busy. All are really nice you do some great tooling.

3 hours ago, DustinSmith said:

20210722_082906.jpg

WOW! You are so incredibly talented. I'm inspired! I'm new here, and new to leather craft but my goal is to be able to create beautiful tooled dog collars and belts such as what you have here. If I may ask, I am just curious of approximately how much time it would take you to make a belt like this? 

4 hours ago, DustinSmith said:

20210722_082906.jpg

OMG, that is a ton of tooling!  A lot of nice work here.  Like the cards, I just did some on a holster, and the little symbols are a challenge, yours came out great.

YinTx

1 hour ago, LadyHawke87 said:

WOW! You are so incredibly talented. I'm inspired! I'm new here, and new to leather craft but my goal is to be able to create beautiful tooled dog collars and belts such as what you have here. If I may ask, I am just curious of approximately how much time it would take you to make a belt like this? 

Thank you! It takes about 3 hours total time for a finished belt, around 90 minutes to tool and 90 minutes for assembly, dye drying and all that, I've gotten much faster over time, it used to take me 3 days to make a belt!

55 minutes ago, YinTx said:

OMG, that is a ton of tooling!  A lot of nice work here.  Like the cards, I just did some on a holster, and the little symbols are a challenge, yours came out great.

YinTx

Thank you sir! You've been putting out some nice stuff yourself, those holsters looked great to me! This was only 20 out of a 60 belt order, I was absolutely sick of the pattern lol

8 minutes ago, DustinSmith said:

Thank you! It takes about 3 hours total time for a finished belt, around 90 minutes to tool and 90 minutes for assembly, dye drying and all that, I've gotten much faster over time, it used to take me 3 days to make a belt!

Thank you! That's super helpful. When did you start your journey with leather working?! I'm just in awe with your work.

1 hour ago, LadyHawke87 said:

Thank you! That's super helpful. When did you start your journey with leather working?! I'm just in awe with your work.

I tooled my first piece of leather in January of 2019 and been at it ever since, heres a pic of my first attempt, then the same a year later

20200819_161914.jpg

20 hours ago, DustinSmith said:

I tooled my first piece of leather in January of 2019 and been at it ever since, heres a pic of my first attempt, then the same a year later

20200819_161914.jpg

That is awesome!! It's really neat to see the progression. You should do one every year ;-)

You are an inspiration, sir!

So, those belts are all hand-tooled? Wow, i was thinking it was done with a Craftaid, or maybe an embossing machine! 

1 hour ago, Sheilajeanne said:

You are an inspiration, sir!

So, those belts are all hand-tooled? Wow, i was thinking it was done with a Craftaid, or maybe an embossing machine! 

Thank you! I wish! Lol they are all hand tooled, I did 60 of them and I started seeing the pattern in my nightmares haha

Very Impressive.

Man, that is some spiffy work.   What sewing machine did you use and what size thread?   Are those shoes bought wholesale?  Very impressive!

Wow. That is a ton of excellent work. The bags at the end look very nice.

Nice job. My son has been wanting me to do something like that on a pair of Hey Dudes. 

Would share a pattern? 

6 minutes ago, JWheeler331 said:

Nice job. My son has been wanting me to do something like that on a pair of Hey Dudes. 

Would share a pattern? 

Of course I'd be happy to! Just PM me