Gabr1na

Cowboy Sewing Machine Repair

Hi. We have a cowboy sewing machine in need of some repairs. We purchased it from Solar in the DFW area and he has closed the business. Does anyone know where we can take it for repairs???

If you tell the forum the problem  I have no doubt that someone can give you advice on how to solve it

Most machines are not special to one make but very close copies of other machines, so any competent industrial sewing machine mechanic should be able to sort it out if required

Just tell us on here what the problem is you are experiencing sometimes a photo helps explain and what you were doing or changed at the time. also the sewing machine make and model numbers

It also helps if you put in your place of residence as this is a world wide forum so if you put in your from say Texas USA then people around that area will be best to assist you with local knowledge

Edited by chrisash

13 hours ago, Gabr1na said:

Thank you. How do I tel the forum?  I’m new to this sight. 

Just add to this thread.  Photos, descriptions, etc.  Lots of members here who can help you or refer you to some one else if necessary.

I moved your post to Leather Sewing Machines.

1 hour ago, Gabr1na said:

Thank you. It is a Cowboy 4500. We are fixing hook timing thinking it’s off. Here is what it was doing. 

BA3D7B89-D3C2-4A25-9C76-23D48EC1B0FC.jpeg

This video by @Uwe is one of the best assets to have if you have one of these machines.

What a fantastic video Uwe such a clear description

13 hours ago, Gabr1na said:

Is there anyone in the Dallas Fort Worth Texas area that works in these machines?  

Looping underneath is almost always either incorrect threading or upper needle thread too loose.Be sure to go around the 2nd tension on the side 1 & 1/2x ,also be sure to run through 2-holes on the spool pin on top.