RockyAussie

CB 105 forward reverse stitch length dont match

Is it possible to adjust the difference in stitch length to get more equal between forward and reverse on a CB 105? The reverse is a lot shorter than the forward and I doubt spacing out/wedging the front plate would be enough and would come at the cost of a lot of reduction in the forward stitch length by going that way if even possible. Thanks for any help you can give.

Its alright I worked it out. I had 4 stitches to the inch going forward and 6 going back before. I now have 3 stitches to the inch forward and 3 going back.:thumbsup:

The seller had been told by a dealer that it was not possible to adjust and I was bluffed for a bit I guess. Turns out it was a pretty simple adjustment in the end so if you need to know ......let me know and I will put up some pics and instructions.

I would have guessed, that final result would have been 5 stitched to the inch forward and backwards. But it seems, that your adjustment increased max stitch length as well.

45 minutes ago, RockyAussie said:

Its alright I worked it out. I had 4 stitches to the inch going forward and 6 going back before. I now have 3 stitches to the inch forward and 3 going back.:thumbsup:

The seller had been told by a dealer that it was not possible to adjust and I was bluffed for a bit I guess. Turns out it was a pretty simple adjustment in the end so if you need to know ......let me know and I will put up some pics and instructions.

Instructions are always welcome - please share!

20 hours ago, Gymnast said:

I would have guessed, that final result would have been 5 stitched to the inch forward and backwards. But it seems, that your adjustment increased max stitch length as well.

True perhaps if only one adjustment were done. I did 2 as shown in the attached pdf file.

20 hours ago, Constabulary said:

Instructions are always welcome - please share!

This file should help I think. I will do a video on it to show the process better. Cowboy CB 105 Forward and reverse stitch length adjustments.pdfCowboy CB 105 Forward and reverse stitch length adjustments.pdf

Edited by RockyAussie