Sign in to follow this  
chrisash

Price range of domestic machines

Never had reason to look at domestic machines but was aware some models could do many fancy stitches, but many just a few stitch patterns, but in the back of my mind assumed they were quite cheap compared to industrial models

Wow was I surprised they range upwards to about £4000 and that's not embroidery models and I though £2000 was expensive for industrial models 

Now I have a far better understanding the great value of my 111g155

Nothing to do with leather I'm afraid but put it down to general knowledge of the wider world and wasting time on my computer following obscure links on a Sunday morning

What domestic machine costs 4000? :blink: New computerized or vintage? It´s one thing that someone is asking that kind of money for what ever machine the other thing is finding someone who is willing (or able) to pay that money. Often (vintage) domestic machines are more a collectible rather than a machine people are actually using. Of course there are a lot of shades of grey between collecting and using but IMO most domestic machines are overpriced. But vintage industrial machine are sometimes way overpriced too especially on Ebay.com.

1 hour ago, chrisash said:

Wow was I surprised they range upwards to about £4000

I have a couple of friends who are into quilting, talk about sticker shock. New machines now range from $5000 to $10000 then you need a sewing frame so add another $1000 to $3000 and if you want to automation add another $5000 to $10000.

kgg

All of us fall in the rabbit hole occasionally.

Look up a Brother Luminaire combination sewing and embroidery machine with a scanning capability and a pattern projector.  It is priced in the 5 figure range.