Guest DaniR

back stitching veg tanned leather

Guest DaniR

Hi,

I'm currently working on my own small handbagcollection with veg tanned leather but I bump into a problem with sewing the leather. The leather starts breaking at the back and the footprint of the lower part of the foot of the sewing machine becomes visible. Do any of you perhaps have any experience with this? I would love to continue working with the leather but this is not really a professional look.

I have a picture but I don't see how I can add it.

Kind regards, Daniëlle

23 minutes ago, Guest DaniR said:

Hi,

I'm currently working on my own small handbagcollection with veg tanned leather but I bump into a problem with sewing the leather. The leather starts breaking at the back and the footprint of the lower part of the foot of the sewing machine becomes visible. Do any of you perhaps have any experience with this? I would love to continue working with the leather but this is not really a professional look.

Kind regards, Daniëlle

Danielle;

You will get better answers in you become a member and take your question to the Leather Sewing Machines forum. All posts and replies in the Help Wanted forum must wait for a moderator to see them and approve them before they are visible. Trying to troubleshoot in this section will be very frustrating.

If you do join us, post a new topic in the Leather Sewing Machines forum. Include your machine make and model and post a picture or two showing your problem.

As a member you can fill in a profile. Please include your location so you get properly targeted replies about sources of machines and parts.

On 7/25/2021 at 3:20 PM, Guest DaniR said:

You will have to join our forum and become a member to upload pictures to our server. However, you can post a link to an online image as a guest using the lower right button labeled: Insert image from URL That image will have to be hosted elsewhere.