Sign in to follow this  
ElevenL

16-188 singer, please help

I have a singer I've been running by hand. I just ordered a servo for it. It does not have a reverse.

?1   Any time i sew then spin the leather around to sew back over the stitches it cuts the thread. Or say i sew completely around something and get back to where i started. As soon as i sew over stitches it cuts the thread. Anyone else have this problem?  

?2.    And when the leather gets thicker say when doubled over to sew a clip or buckle in, the thread big time binds up on the back side. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this? 

I assume you have the needle all the way down when turning around the material, right? Try this, rise the needle bar until only the needle tip remains in the material and then turn around the material.

What thread size and needle size are you using? Any specific leather tip needle that you are using?

Edited by Constabulary

I have the same machine and don’t have a problem with the thread breaking however I don’t spin it around to lock the stitch in. I lock in with only one stitch. I do this by lifting the presser foot, manually guiding the needle into the previous hole then back forward one stitch. My thread never breaks but I do still get bunching of the thread on the underside. I’m not sure how to fix that problem…yet