santi1970

Belt Blanks

Im going to make belts for some friends what would be the the best leather blanks company to buy from ? Weaver leather has English bride dyed , Springfield has Herman oak and Buffalo. I’m looking for great durable 1 1/2 9 to 10 oz. leather. Any thoughts?

Edited by santi1970

I like Buffalo,  

check springfields site  the ""flash sale.""  brown belt blanks $11.99

Don Gonzales Saddlery has belt blanks you can buy here: https://dgsaddlery.com/product-category/material-packs/    Along with other material kits.  

For the belt:  

This Material Pack comes with two strips of leather:

• -A strip of 9/10 ounce measuring 1.5″ X 60″ to be used as the main body or outside of your belt
  • -A strip of 3/4 ounce measuring 1.75″ X 60″ to be used as the liner or inside of your belt

Should mention he offers 'blemish grade' belt blanks, too, all of it in Herman Oak leather. 

This is on my list to try next month but their website said they're out of stock right now.  

3 hours ago, Frodo said:

I like Buffalo,  

check springfields site  the ""flash sale.""  brown belt blanks $11.99

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, JayEhl said:

Don Gonzales Saddlery has belt blanks you can buy here: https://dgsaddlery.com/product-category/material-packs/    Along with other material kits.  

For the belt:  

This Material Pack comes with two strips of leather:

• -A strip of 9/10 ounce measuring 1.5″ X 60″ to be used as the main body or outside of your belt
  • -A strip of 3/4 ounce measuring 1.75″ X 60″ to be used as the liner or inside of your belt

Should mention he offers 'blemish grade' belt blanks, too, all of it in Herman Oak leather. 

This is on my list to try next month but their website said they're out of stock right now.  

Thank you