Bawarrior

Baby Dragons with Attitude

Had this pic and loved it, so it became leather. Not sure what to dye or stain with. Welcome suggestions.

20210724_061321_copy_756x1008.jpg

Edited by Bawarrior
Add more

Nice work.

Super cute picture and I admire everybody who can get details in leather. As for colours: For me the egg would be whitish and the dragons greenish-brownish with possibly red highlights.

Not sure how you should finish it, one of my weak points.  But, I look forward to seeing them grow up!

YinTx

I ended up using super sheen 2 times and then antiqued

PhotoPictureResizer_20210801_155513_copy_756x1008.jpg

A little update as I did add some color

20210826_170004_copy_1209x1612.jpg

I like the art work and admire, too, anyone who can put such detailed finesse onto leather.   I've always painted my colors before I put on a resist and antique.  Not sure if that is the right order/process but figured it kept the paint/dye from rubbing off so easily?    Just curious.  

24 minutes ago, JayEhl said:

I like the art work and admire, too, anyone who can put such detailed finesse onto leather.   I've always painted my colors before I put on a resist and antique.  Not sure if that is the right order/process but figured it kept the paint/dye from rubbing off so easily?    Just curious.  

I tried painting a piece prior to adding supershene as a top coat, only to have the paint smear all over the piece.  When I inquired of the guy at a Tandy store, he said he always paints last, then applies a spray coating, instead of a rub on.  That seems to be working for me.  The spray coat I use is Saddle Lac.  Expensive, but seems to go a long way.