sniper

Leather dressing?

Hello;

I have a kind of a newbie problem...I recently bought (shame on me!) a couple of belts, because my last three efforts have been..shall we say...less that outstanding! I now have 2 belts, two self-made holsters, and a pair of G.I intermediate cold weather boots for Winter, which appear to be "rough out" finished, appearing sort of like suede, and a knife sheath that am wanting to protect, without changing the color.  When I bought one of the belts, I asked the maker how I would take care of it, and was answered; "Use any clear leather dressing." What's that? I researched Amazon, and still have no idea of a product that I can use on all of them. Recommendations,  please! I have attached some pixes to give a better idea. You can't see much of the holster behind the revolver, but it is basically the same construction  as the middle picture, and the belt shows up pretty good. The toughie is the knife sheath that is Stingray hide laminated to~ 5 oz. leather.  Thanx for any help you can give! :)

2-C71_1302.JPG

1-DSC_0006 (1).JPG

041-DSC_0020.JPG

Edited by sniper

Any dressing will slightly darken veg tan when applied, I personally tend to like using Effax Balm but there are so many different makes and many will swear there homemade mixture is the best, just look for leather Balms or conditioners

Lexol Leather Conditioner (a liquid) is the one that has the most science behind it, besides British Museum Leather Dressing.  I suggest Lexol because it is readily available at Auto Zone or Walmart and absorbs very well, even into exotics 

Nearly any are good.  It's like choosing the 'best' soap for your skin.