Hey there! New to the forum. I recently acquired a Pfaff 24 sewing machine and would like to do a complete restoration some day.

Does anyone out there know how to remove the arm shaft on a Pfaff 24 (identical to Singer 18-3) from its chassis?

Also, any chance someone could point me to where I could find an assembly/service manual for these types of machines? I'm realizing how difficult it is to find documentation for these machines online.

Be careful with removing shafts - you may damage parts and there are no spares available except someone rips apart his broke machine. If it was my machine I would not do it. But it´s of course up to you. There are no service manuals for these machines.

However - the closest nowadays available machine is the Seiko TF-6 I have attached a parts lists. Maybe it will help you.

PARTS_TF-6_6B.pdf

Thanks for the info @Constabulary. The doc you shared is definitely helpful and I'll keep your suggestion in mind. This bite might be way bigger than I can chew.