sniper

Belt blanks

Until now, my projects have been rather simple, and Tandy products have been O.K.  Now, I started looking at my latest project...a belt for Christmas for my son, and I noticed the blanks and keeper were adequate for the project, but still rather thin and flimsy.  Are there other suppliers of leather products that offer more substantial choices? 

One source that sometimes is over looked is the Stecksstore, it's worth a look. I have not  purchased leather there , but I have hardware and it was good quality and fast shipping.

Check out Don Gonzales Saddlery.    He looks to be out of stock right now

https://dgsaddlery.com/product/lined-belt-material-pack/

Springfield Leather also sells belt blanks  https://www.springfieldleather.com/BeltBlank-W-OSnap-1-1-2x72

I have bought blanks from SLC as well.  I got some with snaps installed and the bend area pre-skived.  Some of the snaps were defective.  When I visited the next time, they told me they are mass setting the snaps on a machine and sometimes they are not set properly.  But the leather was beautiful.  I did call ahead to place my order for shipment and told them some of the belt would not be tooled, and it needed to be pretty clean. And it was.  You can also pick your leather thickness when you call as well, should you want it thicker than what they list on their site.  Good luck.

I use 7/8 lined with 3/4.  Need a couple?  Drop a line and we'll see what I got and a price.  Simple.  H.O. A/B grade.