I was home sick for a few days and running through the posts I saw a thread on a first time western gun belt and that got me thinking about making something.

After messing around drawing out a few different designs I came up with my idea on a twist on the age old design.

For the belt itself I laminated 6oz and 8oz veg , fully stitched and then laid out a pattern of mounting holes every 1.5". (they are 2" apart) I punched them large enough to receive chicago screws.

For the holster I decided I wanted a stiffened rig, so I cut 0.6mm kydex and sandwiched that inside the back piece of the holster as well as the reinforcement piece on the front *(behind the snap right up to the stitch line). The holster itself is fully lined and constructed out of everything from 3oz all the way up to 7oz. I included a leg strap tie down just cause, but really with the kydex and all that leather, it's plenty stiff enough to draw, and with the screw mounts it can't slide around.

I wanted to give a nod to the hammer loop but with the gun I chose (HKvp9) being a semi-auto, I figured I could go with a braided leather strap tied off to a piece of veg with the snap on it. (on the holster it's passed through a punched hole and then knotted to prevent passing back through.  So it can be unsnapped and passed back for a quick draw, even if it ain't exactly straight out of Tombstone.

The other pouches are all made on a common sized "back plate" to line up to the holes in the belt.

The knife sheath I had already made so I simply adapted that with a remnant from a belt I'd cut, dyed etc. to match the rig.

Lesson's learned on the placement of the belt buckle and strap in relation to the ends of the main belt.

I also reminded myself why I REALLY want to step up to a sewing machine one of these days...

I don't think this thing is would ever be a marketable design, but  I had fun making it and learning some new lessons on design.

20210802_211746.jpg

20210802_211758.jpg

Even if its not marketable, I am sure you had as much fun designing it as making it.  Sometimes the "figgering" is as much a challenge as actually doing the creating.  Nice job on letting your creative juices flow.