Mintandcheese

Identifying stamps, help please!

I'm reworking an old Simco youth saddle, and one fender is shot so I'll have to remake it. Unfortunately, I can't find the right stamps! The square is most similar to the Japan G605 - the original is 1cm square and the Japan is the closest size wise at just a tad smaller, but the original has raised dots and the Japan has recessed marks. The Craftool one is half again the size so too noticeably different. I'm sure there's some super rare vintage stamp out there that's going to suck to buy! If you can id the border stamp too, fantastic, though I think I can fudge that close enough. Thank you in advance! 

20210802_104627_compress13.jpg

Sorry I can't help with any ID, but if you contact one of the advertisers here like Sergy or LW (there are a few), give him the details, he can custom make you a stamp that should be very close.

alot of old tools were hand made, alot of new tools are hand made you may have to make it.

i did find in one of my old tandy books,2005, a g605/6605 it is 1 cm square if the picture is correct size, they are supposed to be and the ones i have bought are right on with the pictures. you may have to buy an older stamp to get the right one. i do notice however the tandy has 7 lines  of dots while yours has six.

Edited by chuck123wapati