Sign in to follow this  
fredk

Some Dice Cups by fred

I thought I'd show you a couple of dice cups I've made

#1 was made for #1 son to use playing a Dungeons & Dragons game. Its to his design idea. Its supposed to look like lava. I used a groover to scour out the shapes then used acrylic paints, yellow, orange and bright red, to paint the 'lava'

Will's first lava cup, 01 LWs.jpg Will's first lava cup, 02 LWs.jpg Will's first lava cup, 03 LWs.jpg

#2 was made for #1 dottir to use playing a Dungeons & Dragons game as well,  but not with #1 son. I have a load of this black & red 'dragon skin' leather. Its very thin, about 1.2mm and very flexible. I got it really cheap from Le Prevo many years ago. I've used very little of it since then and I've been looking at things to use it on.

The construction of this one is different to the normal way or to #1 above.

The main body is of 2mm, dyed purple, I made stitching grooves all round on the flesh side. I sewed the two short sides together then slid it onto my buck former with the grain side to the inside. I glued and sewed the base on. Then I glued the bottom black strip on, followed by gluing on the red & black 'Dragon skin'. Then I sewed on the inner top re-enforcing strip followed on by gluing on the top black strip. I made sure that the joins in all 4 pieces (main inner body, 2 x black strips and Dragon skin) were nicely spaced away from each other. The 2mm main body turned out to be too thin, the cup is a bit too flexible. My new selling agent wants a lot more of this one. She plans to sell them not only for D&D but as desk pen-holders et cetera. I have some other odd leathers which may get used up in this way

Kitty's red & black dice cup. 01LWs.jpg

I especially like the red one Fred both are very nice indeed! 

Thank you.

I'm pleased with that one, and the other one, and the next one. . . .     :)

Very nice.  Haven't played D&D in many years.  Would have been nice to have an official handmade dice cup.

Excellent work FredK. Those turned out great.

Thank you fellow LW-ers     :cheers:

Nice creativity, keep it up.