Sign in to follow this  
nicholsaa

Hello from indiana

Hello to all. I’ve been a lurker for quite some time, using the boards to research which sewing machine to purchase and learning about things I’d never heard of before covid, like servo motors and what a compound walking foot sewing machine is. 

I have sewn for many years, maybe as many as 22 year? But previous to Covid it was simple blankets and window treatments, pillows etc…then I began to make masks and fell into the rabbit hole of bag making buy trying to sew my own shopping totes using canvas. 

currently I own 4 sewing machines, singer 7468 which is about 20 years old, kenmore rotary from 1950’s, singer 201 (my favorite to sew on so far) and a recently acquired singer 111w155 (the reason I actually joined this forum). 

the gentleman I purchased the 111 from was very informative and gave me several tips and quick lesson when I picked up the machine in Illinois. He went over the top to make sure I was purchasing the machine I needed to use for handbag and wallet making. I picked up the machine yesterday and an getting ready to call Toledo to find out which servo motor I should purchase. 

feel free to drop any knowledge I should have below! Thank you so much for all the great info.