Jojomojo

I designed these shoes is anyone interested

@Jojomojo  I went to the link and because I chose not to allow cookies,  I am not able to see your good work. On this site the commonly held view is that it's better to post the image than a link to the image.

Do you allow critical questions?

To me it looks like a scam website to be honest.

Edited by Constabulary

Sorry it took us all on to get back to you I've been helping with my grandma's movin it's not a scam it's just a really unorthodox way to design a shoeline but if you would look at it it would seem more real I guess but but it's up to you whether or not you think it's a scam but I hope you don't As well as others of course is all I can say 

Perhaps you could describe some of your work here instead of relying on your website.  The website feels very impersonal.  with discussion here, and a few photos with your explanations would be a better way for us to get to know you better.

I looked at your webpage, photo's and descriptions. Your "Jojmojo " bio says you are in Texas.This what I took again from your website.

You designed the sneakers, the sneakers will be made in Italy if you get 7 orders, there are seven comments on the craftsmanship, the sneaker is Italian canvas with Italian leather highlights and they cost $194 US with free shipping. There is no information about yourself, the manufacturer or what sets you apart from the other sneaker manufacturers. The sentence with "Minnie ways I think this is mine relamine release one of them" I am having difficulty understanding what your trying to say.

kgg

Sorry, still looks like a scam. Not saying it is one, but you might rework the website. kgg has already mentioned the nonsensical sentence. Then you claim that the shoes are made from "pristine Italian leather" but a bit further down I read "This shoe is made from Italian canvas, with details in leather..." And HOW can you have testimonials for shoes that are not in production yet?

And WHY should anybody pay € 194 for a basic pair of sneakers? It's not custom work if the customer's only input is choosing a size (which doesn't work on my tablet in Opera, neither does the sizing help). No way would I order these shoes, even if I could wear flat shoes...

I think the title is the first red flag.

"I designed these shoes is a new one interested" was meant to read "I designed these shoes is anyone interested" or at least that is how I interpreted it.

Yes, something is definitely wrong here.

Edited by LatigoAmigo

Ok, ya'll.  A little research into aliveshoes shows that they allow you to design a shoe on their website, they manufacture and ship them, you get a small profit - $10, $20, $30.  The OP didn't make the website, he used it.  The shoe is the design he came up with. He didn't set the price, aliveshoes did.  The reviews on the website are not on this specific shoe, but on the manufacturer who has made many other shoes.   This is evident in the way the reviews are presented.  Also, if you go to the root website, you will see other designers shoes and more details about how the process works. https://www.aliveshoes.com/gallery  Yep, it's different.  Nope, not everyone will like it.  Yes, some folks will spend that much to support new designers and have custom shoes.  And more.  Will it be around forever?  Who knows.  It's basically a shoe configurator.   You can go on Youtube and see others that have used it, some happy, some not.  Other companies have similar shoe configurators.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds to me like the OP is not an English as a first language speaker, and folks are attacking him over something they don't know about.  Seems kinda harsh, he didn't ask you to buy anything, just wanted to show off his design.  How is asking you to comment on a design a scam???

Anyhow, I was just kinda surprised at the full on negative response here.  I wish the OP the best of luck, and welcome to Leatherworker, we are normally a lot more supportive here.  I hope you get some of your shoes sold, and you get some yourself, and can show us some photos of them when you get them.

YinTx

also hope I am not wrong.  :blink:

@YinTx Thanks for the info, I don't think you are wrong. But I don't think potential customers should need to do the research that you have done - Jojomojo could have explained himself, either here or on the website.

Also, I flat-out refuse to make allowances for people's lack of language skills if they market to me. (When I want something from a Russian who normally only sells to Russians, it's up to me to find a way around the language barrier.) When I wrote my brochures in French, I had native speaker friends look them over. 

Apart from that I actually find the concept quite interesting... Looks like a great way for a struggling small shoe factory to drum up some business (anybody here seen "Kinky Boots"?

Edited by Klara

When some one puts a link to a sale site and asks for "interested" it to me looks like he wants to sell something / boost sales / wants to promote his shoes (what ever). To me it does not look as if he was asking for opinions on his shoe design or workmanship.

Even if I liked the shoes design wise - I would not buy them because of the super low profile cheapish looking soles that probably wears off in a few weeks (or days?). Thats not sustainable, just another throw away fashion piece. We have far too much of this fast fashion junk. Every Chuck Tailor All Star has a better sole. For me the soles on shoes are very important. I´d ask the shoe maker for better soles but looks like this is a kind of kit and you have no other options. Since the shoes are made in Italy check with VIBRAM they make All Star soles as well.

My opinion.

Edited by Constabulary

I think we all need to take a deep breath.  The first message was very "sketchy" looking, you have to admit that.  It is like the emails I get that are begging you to click.  They are all spurious sites.  Could be phishing, could be ransom ware, who knows?

And yes, the person seems to be someone that doesn't speak English as a first language.  But that doesn't excuse a post with only a link.  They were able to come up with a title, right?

What I'm saying is I can see both sides.  I don't blame people for being cautious.  But you don't have to automatically think the worst either.

LOL! and you get a really nice box! 

First thought: For that price i could buy 2 pairs of chucks and some air for 1s and be set for a year.

Second thought: Soles look cheap and the colorway isn't appealing anddddddd you're not even making them....

maybe try Facebook marketplace or Instagram ads if you're trying to get some sales.