Jump to content
Rocksnake

Made in the last few days

Recommended Posts

希望给点建议

2035657933__20210809001152.thumb.jpg.574ac2f1ebc617817e78edf17af2f08e.jpg1853723004__20210809001145.thumb.jpg.4087a961efb5b39bd4fadcb108d10747.jpg

820621215__20210809001159.thumb.jpg.621e43881631c7d36977391797e9d371.jpg172377666__20210809001156.thumb.jpg.c8b4cb62dea4ded8647419cc11a8b702.jpg

Edited by Rocksnake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normally I'm not a fan of flowers, but these are beautiful!  Great, amazing work! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gorgeous work!  :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny, I was going to say the same thing Klara said.  I'm not a big fan of flowers either, and a lot of tooling I can take or leave.  But then there are examples like this that make me go Hmmmmm.  It is very well executed.  I'm not an expert, but I would think it very difficult to improve on it.  Congratulations!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can almost feel the wind blowing the flower blossoms.......  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Klara said:

Normally I'm not a fan of flowers, but these are beautiful!  Great, amazing work! 

 

3 hours ago, Tugadude said:

Funny, I was going to say the same thing Klara said.  I'm not a big fan of flowers either, and a lot of tooling I can take or leave.  But then there are examples like this that make me go Hmmmmm.  It is very well executed.  I'm not an expert, but I would think it very difficult to improve on it.  Congratulations!

 

7 hours ago, Sheilajeanne said:

Gorgeous work!  :thumbsup:

Maybe there's something wrong with my browser, so I can't type English. It's normal now. Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow looks like Sheridan style, very well executed. I am trying to learn it and you set a high bar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not usually at a loss for words, only one comes to mind

WOWSER !!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That tooling is bad ass!!!! Makes me want to make something to see if I can improve mine to that level. 

Edited by Tim Schroeder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Tim Schroeder said:

That tooling is bad ass!!!! Makes want to make something to see if I can improve mine to that level. 

I don't understand what you mean

 

6 hours ago, Frodo said:

Not usually at a loss for words, only one comes to mind

WOWSER !!!!!

Thank you. It will be improved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad ass is red neck for gorgeous, beautiful, wowser, and anything everybody else said. Maybe some of the best tooling I've ever seen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Tim Schroeder said:

Bad ass is red neck for gorgeous, beautiful, wowser, and anything everybody else said. Maybe some of the best tooling I've ever seen. 

I'm sorry!   Software translation only knows the general idea.   I see you mentioned tools, and I can help you buy them if you need

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

你的工作得到了称赞    [Your work has been praised] 

Bad ass ,  gorgeous, beautiful, wowser,

这些都是俚语。 他们的意思是美丽的   [these are slang words, they mean  beautiful]

 

 

Edited by Frodo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Frodo said:

 

 

你的工作得到了称赞    [Your work has been praised] 

Bad ass ,  gorgeous, beautiful, wowser,

这些都是俚语。 他们的意思是美丽的   [these are slang words, they mean  beautiful]

 

 

HAHAHA Thank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

correct dialect?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Frodo said:

correct dialect?

Yeah, it's about the same. Great 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am curious to know how you got the very dark background in the journal cover. Did you treat the whole piece with antique, or did you just paint the background with dye, using a small brush?

I never seem to be able to get such good contrast using antique, even if I use several coats of resist on my carving!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sheilajeanne said:

I am curious to know how you got the very dark background in the journal cover. Did you treat the whole piece with antique, or did you just paint the background with dye, using a small brush?

I never seem to be able to get such good contrast using antique, even if I use several coats of resist on my carving!

 

I'm not sure what your work looks like, could you please show me, so that I can help you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to take some photos. Will get back to you on this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2021 at 9:31 PM, Sheilajeanne said:

I need to take some photos. Will get back to you on this!

I've been waiting for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been doing leather carving for many years and have studied countless examples of other artists work and yours is the best I have ever seen. The precision , composition and attention to detail are amazing. Thank you for sharing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have the patience to tool leather. That is an absolutely amazing piece of art. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Leescustomleather said:

I have been doing leather carving for many years and have studied countless examples of other artists work and yours is the best I have ever seen. The precision , composition and attention to detail are amazing. Thank you for sharing.

 

19 hours ago, Minnesota said:

I don't have the patience to tool leather. That is an absolutely amazing piece of art. 

Thank you for your compliments. My work is not perfect yet and needs a lot of practice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rocksnake said:

 

Thank you for your compliments. My work is not perfect yet and needs a lot of practice

I really want to try that diamond pattern with the shading. Where do I start with that? Do you lay out the diamonds first or the central image first then lay in the diamond pattern around it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...