DirtyDusty

Pricking Wheel differences

Is there a difference in the European, ie. Vergaz Blanchard, pricking wheels,  and the ones like Osborne?

Currently, C.S. Osborne offers this tool, which they call a Spacemarker.  Classic overstitch wheel.  5,6 and 7 stitches per inch.

485.jpg

The Blanchard Pricking Wheel is more of the traditional "pricking iron" type that leaves slits and not just pointed indentations.  The end result is more similar to if you had used a pricking iron.

Pricking Wheel Set 7, 9, 10, 12 tpi

Edited by Tugadude
added info

I would say even the older better made Osborne ones would still give you give you a straight stitch mark which is the norm that side of the pound, where's this side of the pond we tend to use a angled stitch mark.

Hope this helps

JCUK 

16 minutes ago, jcuk said:

I would say even the older better made Osborne ones would still give you give you a straight stitch mark which is the norm that side of the pound, where's this side of the pond we tend to use a angled stitch mark.

Hope this helps

JCUK 

Are an overstitch wheel and a pricking wheel the same tool...one wouldn't think so.

45 minutes ago, sbrownn said:

Are an overstitch wheel and a pricking wheel the same tool...one wouldn't think so.

Yes i know but some do use them for them stitch marking there work, guilty as charged in my early days 

Edited by jcuk