Jump to content
n866

ADLER 205-370 PNEUMATIC?

Recommended Posts

So I stumbled into a deal I couldn't pass up on a 205-370.  It belonged to a friends grand father who passed 3 years ago.  The story goes that he got it as a replacement for an older singer machine that he had modified to run on air when his shop burnt down.  His insurance replaced it with this one because it was the only pneumatic machine they could find.  I'm embarrassed to say how cheap I got it, but they were very happy to see it go to someone who could use it because he set it up & supposedly it has less than one hour of run time on it.  I never thought it would be in my price range to own a real 205 so I have never done much research on one.  I'm VERY inexperienced with any machines much less one of this caliber.  

Of course I was not looking for a pneumatic machine, so I plan to set it up with a servo at some point, but I am planning to grab a pressure regulator & set it up in my garage just for giggles.

I've been reading several threads on here about 205's & watching a lot of youtube videos.  If anyone has any suggestions, (or any other resources or recommended threads on here about set up, maintenancing, tips or tricks, etc) I would really appreciate the support!  

I'll be slowly chipping away at it because its hotter than hades out in the garage right now, and I've got some other work to get caught up on in the next month or so anyway.  I'm really excited to get started playing with it & look forward to learning a new skill set.

I'm positive I'll be investing in some more hardware, guide plates, different style feet, etc if necessary.

thanks in advance!

 

2021-08-12 13_52_36-Window.jpg

2021-08-12 13_53_12-Window.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice machine ! Those (Gast ? ) air motors tend to be a bit of an air hog, can be rough on a small compressor.

BTW, what is that coupe in the background ?

Cheers, :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you get ready for a servo motor, I suggest Toledo Industrial Sewing Machine.  He's a great guy to do business with.

JM2C

Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Silky said:

Nice machine ! Those (Gast ? ) air motors tend to be a bit of an air hog, can be rough on a small compressor.

BTW, what is that coupe in the background ?

Cheers, :)

Silky,

I've got a 60 gallon Snap-on that should handle it just fine, especially for the small volume I plan to run on it, but like I said I'll likely go to servo especially since I plan to move it inside.

The coupe is my 47 Plymouth coupe.  It's just a dirty old hotrod that's been in the family for a long time.  Small block Chevy & a Ford 9"  It's running and driving but long over due for me to go ahead & really blow it apart & start the lengthy task of the sheet metal repair!

16 hours ago, jrdunn said:

When you get ready for a servo motor, I suggest Toledo Industrial Sewing Machine.  He's a great guy to do business with.

JM2C

Jim

Thanks Jim.  He's on my list.  I'd like to try & support an Ohio business if possible & of course its great to have a resource for questions too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you put a servo or clutch motor on it for that matter,  you will want to also put on a speed reducer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2021 at 8:00 PM, Ken Nelson said:

If you put a servo or clutch motor on it for that matter,  you will want to also put on a speed reducer. 

Thanks Ken.  I'll be looking into that as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't say I've seen too many pneumatic sewing machines.  It would get pretty noisy I'm guessing ?

HS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pneumatic motors used mostly by the Amish.   I would remove and replace with servo and speed reducer unless you are Amish.    If not, I would then sell the pneumatic motor to he Amish.  They cost more than servos. Not so noisy as the compressor is usually outside in Amish establishments. Great machine.  I have one with all the toys on it.  It needs a good cleaning and going over.  Take your time and do it thoroughly.   Bob at Toledo or Allen Burkholder at Weaver can answer any questions you may have.

glenn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2021 at 3:27 PM, shoepatcher said:

Pneumatic motors used mostly by the Amish.   I would remove and replace with servo and speed reducer unless you are Amish.    If not, I would then sell the pneumatic motor to he Amish.  They cost more than servos. Not so noisy as the compressor is usually outside in Amish establishments. Great machine.  I have one with all the toys on it.  It needs a good cleaning and going over.  Take your time and do it thoroughly.   Bob at Toledo or Allen Burkholder at Weaver can answer any questions you may have.

glenn

Thats a good idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...