I decided to make a practice piece before attempting the bag I am planning to make. This was done with a few cutoff pieces that were too big for the scrap bin. 

Chelsea's Bag.jpg

I like it.  I wish i had scrap pieces that big.  can you post more pics?  Would like to see how you did the bottom and inside.  Thanks!

The practice looks to be paying off. Nice work.

On 8/13/2021 at 1:07 PM, PastorBob said:

I like it.  I wish i had scrap pieces that big.  can you post more pics?  Would like to see how you did the bottom and inside.  Thanks!

Sorry about the delay. My niece claimed the bag the moment she laid eyes on it. I had to get it back from her to snap a couple of photos. The bottom is all one piece folded length-ways. The two ends each have a notch cut in them so that the ends could wrap around, be stitched together, and voila! A bag is born.

Chelsea's Bag Int.jpg

Edited by Minnesota
Spelling, Grammar

13 hours ago, Minnesota said:

Sorry about the delay. My niece claimed the bag the moment she laid eyes on it. I had to get it back from her to snap a couple of photos. The bottom is all one piece folded length-ways. The two ends each have a notch cut in them so that the ends could wrap around, be stitched together, and voila! A bag is born.

Thanks for sending.  i will have to take a crack at it one day.  Unfortunately my scrap pieces are less than 6" x 6", anything larger i use for projects.  Will have to bite the bullet.

I don't mind that bag at all ;)  call it practice if you like, but looks fine.  Only thing I'da dun differnt, sew the handles down (I dont' like riveted straps)