Was a bit careless with a bottle of Fiebing's dye, and managed to overturn it. One nasty mess! Saw the bottle stabilizer someone here made on a 3D printer. Don't have a 3D printer, but do have plenty of scrap red oak from woodworking projects. Put together a stabilizer block, Fiebing's 4 ounce bottles fit fairly snuggly inside. Keeps the bottle stable, and lessens the probability of spills. Wish I had made it before I spilled the dye!

IMG_4947.JPG

Nice solution!

My granddaughter tipped a bottle of red. My tooling slab looks like a sacrificial alter.

Nicely made

I must make something. So far I've been lucky, only once knocked over a part full bottle but caught it before much was spilt. I usually pour dye into a paper cup for ready-use but they are more likely to tip over as they are narrow at the base but they don't go over easy. I wonder why

On 8/15/2021 at 12:12 AM, fredk said:

Nicely made

I must make something. So far I've been lucky, only once knocked over a part full bottle but caught it before much was spilt. I usually pour dye into a paper cup for ready-use but they are more likely to tip over as they are narrow at the base but they don't go over easy. I wonder why

Me thinks the rounded corners on the bottom of dye bottles make them go over easier and the low profile and square edge of the paper cup make it more stable.

It Happens. Here's a good one. I put the dye in a very small round plastic container. Very hard to turn over. Barely a cap full of dye.  Then I put a piece of plastic (trash bag) with a hand size hole cut in for the area I'm working on that covers the rest of the project.  Still managed to pull this off. One of those ID 10 T errrerrs. 

IMG_2461.JPG

6 hours ago, Tim Schroeder said:

Still managed to pull this off.

That is a lot of nice tooling that you are going to have to dye black now!

YinTx

It’s just trash now. Oh well live and learn. I’m a lot more careful now. 

1 hour ago, Tim Schroeder said:

It’s just trash now....

Why? Just look at the belt dying mistake thread... I could see the panel either multicoloured or all black as YinTx suggested, depending on what you want to use it for. 

It was for a door panel in a Old International Travel All. I had to tool another one, so that one is just a conversation piece. I have no use for it. I just let sit around to remind me to be careful. 

Had to look up the Travelall and  I have no idea how big their door panels were, but I still could see black on black flowers as part of a bag or briefcase...