DirtyDusty

Kangaroo lace

I was going to order some 1/4” lace for lacing saddle skirts.  Springfield has 3 finishes to chose from.  LGP,  Classic, and Glazed. Which one would work best? Is their another supplier most folks use?  I found some on Etsy, but it ships from down under. 

2 hours ago, LatigoAmigo said:

@DirtyDusty  Try this link. It ships from up/over.

https://www.knottylinda.com/

Don't know why she hasn't updated her website, but she has gone out of business and is retiring.  Sounded like it was prompted by some sort of disagreement with her supplier.  Look for her on Facebook

Knotty Linda is entering the final stages of her retirement sale and is offering full spools of Canadian Pink (Soft Pink) Kangaroo Leather Lace, in any available width, for just $50.00 each.
In addition, all other colours of Kangaroo Leather Lace, in all widths from 2 mm to 5 mm, in both hanks and spools, are now on sale at 50% off!
Please email Linda Brown at knottylinda@gmail.com to request a retail price list, colour chart and inventory of remaining Kangaroo Leather Lace; and, of course, so you can obtain your spool of Canadian Pink at this deeply discounted price!
Warmest regards,
Linda Brown

One of her posts sounded like she passed on her contacts to Longview Leather.  See their post on Facebook.  They now supply kangaroo lace.

Also looks like the current ahem "administration" here in the good ol US of A has decided to confiscate orders of kangaroo being imported, resulting in losses to the end customers. Not sure what that is about, but I suspect if there were a way to follow the $$.... this is too bad, as I was hoping to get some beveled kangaroo lace to try out myself.  Looks like I won't be.

YinTx

2 hours ago, YinTx said:

I was hoping to get some beveled kangaroo lace to try out myself.  Looks like I won't be.

You are not alone. Beveled roo lace was great to work with, but has been in short supply for a long time, as Tandy carried it for many years. Maverick Leather carries kangaroo  hides, but it is hard to recreate the bevel that the spools of lace have.

To all interested parties:  You might try WWW.Y-KnotLace.Com for kangaroo lace

G'Day,  @DirtyDusty

I use classic roo lacing all the time, both 3mm & 4.7mm . I know its the other side of the universe for you, , but I get mine from ' Birdsall Leather' NSW Australia . If I need a bit of extra shine, I sometimes just add a little seal 'n' shine ' to the finished project, but I find its shiny enough , but glazed is nice too  :)

https://www.birdsall-leather.com.au/Kangaroo-Lacing/Classic/3mm/pl.php?resetbrand=1

(NSW is in lockdown atm, so shipping may take longer than usual, for us anyway ) 

HS

I have a hard time matching up colors on the screen. Anyone have an idea what color would match up with latigo saddle strings?  The roo lace in brown seems to be darker. Does the Brandy color come closer to matching?

1 hour ago, DirtyDusty said:

what color would match up with latigo saddle strings?

That would depend on the color of the latigo saddle stings.

7 hours ago, DirtyDusty said:

Anyone have an idea what color would match up with latigo saddle strings?

Not sure if this will help or not, but have a look at the pic.

HS

Lacing pic.jpg