DirtyDusty

Crupper Ring on Laced Jockeys

I was wondering if anyone knows a method to attach a crupper ring to the center of the jockeys, when the jockeys are laced together?  I was going to use a frog with the ring attached to it, but I like the look of laced skirts. 

To do what you are suggesting: I would take a piece of leather larger than the spacing of your jockey's and double it over.  You will have to trim the fold down to take a 1" dee.  Punch your holes in the leather to match your jockey's lacing holes and lace everything together.  The Dee piece would be attached to the underside of your jockeys.  I wouldn't lace the dee directly to the jockeys because of the stress that would be placed directly on your lace.  If this is what you are thinking, it will work.  Let us know what you decided to do.

Ron

You could try inserting a dee with leather tab between the bottom of the cantle and top of the jockeys. Screw into the bottom of the cantle. A saddler did that to one of my saddles long before I did leather work. Not sure if your build w lace will leave enough space though. --John