Stone14

Exotic suppliers for UK and importation.

I'm looking (but struggling) to find an exotic hide supplier, ideally within the UK or who can import into the UK. Some US companies can but come with big fees ontop of the leather and shipping price. I'm yet to find anyone in the EU, and I'm not sure how trust worthy the more Eastern sites are, such as Veitnam etc. I'm interested in all exotics for leather craft, bags, cash holders etc. I'm very interested in crocodile, alligator, snake, ostrich. I'm aware that no endangered species can be imported but not all alligator, croc species are endangered.

Are there any in here who can advice me on this and provide legitimise sources that we can use in the UK.

Thanks.

Aacrack have Croc and I think also alligator from HCP (Hermès cuirs précieux) 

Also contact Marcus Gear they have exotics. https://www.marcusgear.co.uk/exotic-skins/

The problem with ordering from Vietnam (From what i've heard) is that they ship it without CITES because it's complicated. And then you can either loose it in customs, or you will have problems if you make something and plan to sell it outside of UK (since YOU can't get any CITES for export.)

Edited by Danne