sabb0007

Wtb: beginner leather crafter set

Hello,

I'm in my late 30s, two young kids - we recently had to move to the city and now live in an apartment, and probably will be for quite a while.  I lost some of my old hobbies, bushcraft, gardening, chickens, aquaponics... Trying to find a hobby that will be fun for me and that my kids will be able to grow into over the years - and that I can store in a tote box or two... I'd love to buy a good starter leather crafting set. Looking to make small leather goods, wallets, belts... I have nothing to start with.  I've been looking at the $200-300 sets from Amazon, but I'm worried I'm buying junk. I'd rather buy once, cry once. If anyone has advice or a lead on a tool package.  I'd love to hear.  Thank you!   

I have a large collection of vintage tools, all of which I use - hence, they are not junk like some of the cheap import items you will find on places like Amazon.

I am sure I can put together something for you, including some leather, lace, thread, needles, awls, buckles, snaps, whatever you might like.  Send me a pm if you are interested.

YinTx