justinmalecha

Vintage Tool Values

I was at an auction today and ended up with a box that was full of vintage leather working tools. I would guess that there are about 100 different pieces. Lots of different brands including C.S Osborne, H.F. Osborne, Gomph, W. Rose, Thomas Adams and many other unmarked pieces. I am looking for help to see what I all have here and if any of them are valuable or rare. Thank you for your help!

Photos of them, in batches  of 5 to 10. When we can see what you have, their condition et cetera, then we can talk to you about them

Also, put your location in your profile. This is a fully international forum. With your location included you'll get better info, especially from members near you

Thanks for the advice! I took pictures of everything but unfortunately it is only allowing me to upload 1-2 pictures per post. So instead of making a ton of different posts, I organized everything into a Google Drive folder. Feel free to look around in there if youre able to. Thank you everyone for your help letting me know what I've stumbled upon!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mwk4tEYTQ2j3dzu_wimmPgQ3up4CXMpa?usp=sharing

Awesome find. You have a lot of great tools, pretty much everything you need.

The CSO unknown on misc page 1.1 is a freehand stitch groover. I use mine to cut the top of stitches when doing sewing repairs.

3 hours ago, justinmalecha said:

Thanks for the advice! I took pictures of everything but unfortunately it is only allowing me to upload 1-2 pictures per post. So instead of making a ton of different posts, I organized everything into a Google Drive folder. Feel free to look around in there if youre able to. Thank you everyone for your help letting me know what I've stumbled upon!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mwk4tEYTQ2j3dzu_wimmPgQ3up4CXMpa?usp=sharing

You need to reduce the memory size of your photos

That google thingy won't allow me access

12 hours ago, fredk said:

You need to reduce the memory size of your photos

That google thingy won't allow me access

Sorry I wasnt able to reduce all of them. I believe if you ask for access to the folder when you click on the link I can share it with you. Looks like some others were able to!

15 hours ago, chrstn53 said:

Awesome find. You have a lot of great tools, pretty much everything you need.

The CSO unknown on misc page 1.1 is a freehand stitch groover. I use mine to cut the top of stitches when doing sewing repairs.

Thank you! I got it at an auction for only a couple dollars but I've had a couple people tell me the collection is worth around $1000 or more!

On 8/24/2021 at 2:21 PM, justinmalecha said:

Sorry I wasnt able to reduce all of them. I believe if you ask for access to the folder when you click on the link I can share it with you. Looks like some others were able to!

Thank you! I got it at an auction for only a couple dollars but I've had a couple people tell me the collection is worth around $1000 or more!

You do have some good stuff in there and some good names. I've sold a lot of tools the past 10+ years and I see about $400 if you sell everything individually in the condition its in and if there is no pitting or issues on the working part of the tool. If you put in the time and elbow grease, you could probably increase that by a couple hundred. Your money is in the round knives, unless one of the gomph tools is an odd number that collectors are after. If you are looking to sell them and get a fair value, contact Bruce Johnson. Otherwise you would need to piece out the collection.