Sign in to follow this  
Silky

211G166 Stitch Length

Hi folks. My 211G166  has been working flawlessly. The service manual says max stitch length is 5 per inch but the longest stitch I can get is 7 > 7-1/2 per inch.

How do I go about getting it to 5, and is it possible to tweak it to an even longer stitch ? I'll be doing some larger canvas parts and need to get the longest stitch possible to minimize puckering over the long runs.

Thanks,

:)

Have you checked if your forward and reverse stitch length are the same? Or is reverse probably longer than forward? If they do not match the adjustment procedures is mentioned in the manual. Usually when you increase forward stitch length the reverse becomes shorter and the other way around.

IIRC, the reversing length is identical, or very nearly so to the fwd. length. Will verify when I get back to the shop on Thursday.

Can this machine be modified to stitch 4 per inch ? (fairly easily)

Thanks !

On 8/23/2021 at 1:20 AM, Constabulary said:

Have you checked if your forward and reverse stitch length are the same? Or is reverse probably longer than forward? If they do not match the adjustment procedures is mentioned in the manual. Usually when you increase forward stitch length the reverse becomes shorter and the other way around.

I found this to be true and adjusted as best I can. I now have 5.5 TPI precisely in both directions, thanks.

Now according to the attached illustration, would lengthening the radius adjustment at the circled t-slot bearing increase the stitch length in both fwd and rev ?

If so, would any other adjustments be necessary to maintain timing of the related components / mechanisms ?

At a glance, it looks like this would increase the MAX stroke of the feed dog.

Just wondering,

Thanks again.

rev. adj.jpg

Hey Constabulary, do you have a more complete manual for this 211G166 machine ?

My manual only has basic adjustments and makes no mention of the setting in the previous post.

Thanks if you will help.

With no further info provided, I'm not quite comfortable changing that slide setting, so I set the fwd length a bit longer than the rev length. Doing good for now but will maybe experiment with it later when these awnings/canopies are done.

Thanks.