Sign in to follow this  
Cumberland Highpower

Adler 205-64 timing question/s

I recently purchased a real clean 205-64 and gave it a short spin in my shop this week.  It sews very well without issues, but I notice the shuttle hook when sewing doesn't quite retract out of the way of the needle when the needle is on the way "down"  and might be a very light touch involved.  When the needle bottoms out and the hook comes forward it catches the loop great, without any issue and stitches just fine.

I cant' really say it's a problem, but I am curious.....I've owned both a 205-370 and 205-25 in the past and I do remember the 205-370 shuttle hook rotates completely out of the way when the needle comes down and no chance of touching on the downstroke whatsoever.  The 205-64 doesn't rotate the shuttle hook nearly as far counter-clockwise (needle tip clears though the relief cut in the shuttle hook right behind the point) but clockwise the shuttle does come to rest at the same exact clockwise position as the 205-370.... Being a 205 series machine with the same shuttle I'm a little perplexed?    I'd assume the 205 series should all function identically?

I am wondering if there is a shuttle hook timing/adjustment as well as needle bar timing?

Besides that minor puzzlement, I actually can say in honesty I prefer this 205-64 to the 205-370 I had.  There is far less "Stuff" around the needle and the end of the machine head.  Overall I can see things quite a bit better....Maybe I'm biased as I have 8 hook and awl machines in my shop, I don't know...Anyway....

Does anyone happen to have a manual/service manual for the 205-64 or link to one?

I do have an service manual but its too big to upload for me

if you sent me an DM iwill mail it to you

regards,

michiel

When i buy an used machine

i always try to get an service manual and follow all the steps in it

(Even if it seems to make  normal stitches)