Cumberland Highpower

Singer 45k presser feet fit Juki TSC 441 series?

I am curious if the Singer 45K feet will fit on the presser bar of the Juki TSN 411/ 441 series machine?   Just curious of they match/bolt up.  Since the Juki 441 was the Nakajima before, and likely based on Singer patents I'm inclined to guess they will fit up?   Mainly shopping for specialized presser feet to convert a Juki TSC 441 to TSN 421U specs and curious if Singer 45k/Adler 105 feet will bolt up as well.

Edited by Cumberland Highpower

The 45K never had a walking foot needle feed like the Juki so they will not interchange.The back or outside foot has to be wider for the inside to fit into.

Edited by CowboyBob

Maybe someone knows Constabulary?

Sounds like we're in a similar overall boat :)

Here is a presser foot for the  Juki TSN 411 (also for the TSC 441) that could work on your singer 45k "If" we can find out if the presser bar is the same size.  These feet are on Ebay $40.

thumbnail 2 - PRESSER FOOT #211-65550 for JUKI TSH-411 TSN-421 TSC-441 Industrial sewing machithumbnail 1 - PRESSER FOOT #211-65550 for JUKI TSH-411 TSN-421 TSC-441 Industrial sewing machi

Maybe someone has a Juki and a Singer 45k/Adler 105/205 side by side?

On 9/1/2021 at 8:56 PM, Cumberland Highpower said:

Since the Juki 441 was the Nakajima before, and likely based on Singer patents

Are you saying that the Juki TSC-441 is a re-branded Nakajima design? Do you have any sources for this claim? 

8 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

The 45K never had a walking foot needle feed like the Juki so they will not interchange.The back or outside foot has to be wider for the inside to fit into.

I´m aware of that! Anyway - question is do the outer 441 / 411 feet fit on the 45K foot bar? They do not have to work - it´s just a tinkering project.

Uwe would you prefer if I had said "Juki" 441 is based on Singer patents?   I am trying to find out if presser fit interchange, not really to debate the history of Juki/Nakajima. (I get bored easily).

I guess my proof is that I've been around long enough to remember both the Chrysler K car and Nakajima stitchers :)

Here is a photo of a Nakajima 421.  I only looked 3 mins on google, and came to this. Juki sells this as the TSC 421 nowdays like most of the Nakajima machines of old. 

Industrial Sewing machine leather - $1975 | General Items | Klamath Falls, OR | Shoppok

3 hours ago, Constabulary said:

JUKI took over Nakajima in the 1960s afaik, or not?  :dunno:

The Juki TSC-441 didn't makes its arrival until the late 1980s. I remember being introduced to one around 1988, just before I got my first Union Lockstitch machine. It was in a carton that the Juki distributor opened for me. They only wanted $5995.00! I got the ULS for $1500.

JUKI website says they took over Nakajima in 1966 - scroll down here.

JUKI 80th Anniversary Website - History until JUKI becomes a global company

Maybe they still have used the brand name in the later years - dunu.

But thats off topic anyway ;)

Edited by Constabulary

Whiz that's quite a bit of money in 1988 dollars.  I see them listed online as new machines for $5750 today.  didn't Mast sell them for just under 4K 20 years ago?  I kinda miss those days.

I guess the UL machines have gone down quite a bit as well, probably from other reasons.

I paid $800 10 years ago for a tight machine and $200 for an equally tight one 2 years ago.  10 years from now they'll be bringing scrap price.  (Hope scrap is up!)

On 9/3/2021 at 1:45 AM, Constabulary said:

I´m aware of that! Anyway - question is do the outer 441 / 411 feet fit on the 45K foot bar? They do not have to work - it´s just a tinkering project.

Yes,they'll fit the bar.

Adler 105 feet also fit the OEM Juki TSC-441 presser bar. But the thread on the Juki presser foot screw binds before actually holding the foot tight. You’d have to use a different presser foot screw that’s threaded all the way to the head of the screw.

5E83C8FB-14FA-4A48-B3D6-1DED962B6B73.jpeg5707DD26-B845-444A-9A0F-30C6CF1BF2DA.jpeg

Nakajima developed the 441 in the early to mid 1980's.  they also made parts for Juki as well as their own machines.  Juki bought the company in he very early 1990's if i remember correctly.  Their engineers went thru every machine and tweaked some things. In some cases, Juki kept the sample model number. In other cases, they change the model number completely.  the Nakajimi 441 became the Juki 441!

glenn

On 2021. 9. 19. at 오후 10시 3분, Cumberland Highpower said:

Uwe 사진과 테스트 적합에 감사드립니다. 내가 작업하고 있는 몇 가지 이상한 응용 프로그램이 있고 이것은 좋은 도움이 됩니다. 또한 귀하로부터 내 Adler 205-64용 바닥판을 받았고 제가 필요로 하는 것처럼 보입니다. 감사합니다.

Can you tell me which presser foot is compatible with the 45k presser foot?