CopeKid1776

Hello from Kentucky!

Hello everybody, my name is Garrett and I am from a small town in Eastern Kentucky, I have been a member on the site for a while but this is my first official post. I have been working with leather for going on three years. I have primarily been making belts, rifle slings, key tags, and a few little miscellaneous items here and there. I am wanting to venture into the world of making saddles and tack. So glad to be a part of this site and have gained a lot of knowledge from a lot of great craftsmen and women. Thanks everybody!!

Welcome, and best wishes in your leather journey!

welcome and good luck to you friend.

18 hours ago, CopeKid1776 said:

Hello everybody, my name is Garrett and I am from a small town in Eastern Kentucky, I have been a member on the site for a while but this is my first official post. I have been working with leather for going on three years. I have primarily been making belts, rifle slings, key tags, and a few little miscellaneous items here and there. I am wanting to venture into the world of making saddles and tack. So glad to be a part of this site and have gained a lot of knowledge from a lot of great craftsmen and women. Thanks everybody!!

How close are you to Olive Hill?

It's my "kinda sorta" home town . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight

On 9/6/2021 at 8:21 AM, Dwight said:

How close are you to Olive Hill?

It's my "kinda sorta" home town . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight

Hey Dwight,  I live in Olive Hill, but can throw a rock and be in Grahn lol. Great to meet ya. Hope all is well. 

On 9/5/2021 at 3:48 PM, chuck123wapati said:

welcome and good luck to you friend.

Thanks much brother, Congrats on 30 years in Corrections, I am currently on year 5 with the Kentucky Department of Corrections. Great job but definitely a tough beat to walk. Hope all is well. 

- Garrett 

On 9/5/2021 at 3:29 PM, rleather said:

Welcome, and best wishes in your leather journey!

Thank you sir, hope all is well your way!

- Garrett 

4 hours ago, CopeKid1776 said:

Hey Dwight,  I live in Olive Hill, but can throw a rock and be in Grahn lol. Great to meet ya. Hope all is well. 

If you go out of Olive Hill on 60 towards Morehead . . . just after the funeral home on the left . . . you'll see a bridge ahead going across Smith Run Creek.

Follow that dude back up in the hills there for a couple miles . . . spent the first part of my life back up there . . . enjoyed every moment of it.

Got dozens of cousins there of the Webb Clan . . . my grandfather was Will Webb . . . him an his brother Vince built the little Globe United Baptist Church there on 60 across from the flea market.

My sister in law . . . Wilma Wells . . . worked at the bank for decades.  We all go down to Walkers when I'm in town . . . I get their hamburger steak.  It's a noisy place, but I like their food.

It's a small world we live in . . . glad you made it here . . . holler if I can ever be of help.

May God bless,

Dwight