Cumberland Highpower

How do Seiko's stack up?

Been looking at some mid size unison feed machines and came across a couple Seikos for sale. I've never owned a Seiko  and curious how the build quality is? Do they match or exceed the quality of lets, say a  (Japanese) Juki?   How about compared to the German Pfaff and Adler machines?   

The only Seiko I've actually looked over and had my hands on was a Seiko Harness Stitcher, a CH8 if I remember correctly.

The Seiko's I've been looking at are relatively pricey late models.  (STH-8BLD-3)

Edited by Cumberland Highpower

I've got two LCW-8s, have worked on others, and will would not hesitate to buy more. Quality-wise I'd say they are largely on a par with Jukis and Adlers I've owned and used. Slightly better than Pfaff  to my taste but I'm biased, I never got on with the 335s I've tried.

G'Day, I have an old Seiko STW 28, it has never let me down ( touchwood) . Just gave it  its ' gazillion stitch service' today  :)  If another one came up, I'd buy it, or even its variants, like a consew, or Singer 111 etc. 

HS

I only have one Seiko, excellent machine, I wouldn't have any qualms about buying a Seiko.