Alan RUNDELL

PEARSON A 1 Sewing machine

G'Day mate, They're hard to find. 

Try ' Steves Industrial Sewing Machines' in Qld.  I think theres  a No.6 on ' Aussie Traders.com.au' 

HS

@Alan RUNDELL Moved your post to leather sewing machines where you may get more responses.  If you post your photo in a jpeg/jpg format, more people will be able to open it to see what you are trying to show us.  The format you used is pretty much restricted to Apple, and most of us don't have anything to open it with, and are not interested in hunting for something to open it with.

I tried to open the .heic file in Windows Photos, but it requires a paid extension to open that file type. I'm not that interested in heic files to pay for an extension so I still can't view the uploaded file.

@Alan RUNDELL Tried opening the .heic file with a Win 10 tablet and it opened in Photos, so tried to save it as a jpeg.  Wouldn't!  Did a snip, pasted into 3D Paint, saved as a jpeg.  So here is your photo in a file type most of us can view.

Sewing machine.jpg

Thank you all for your help, yes I use an "Apple" you would think they would be comparable by now.

The Pearson A 1 are pretty scarce on the ground and if you do find one I reckon the spares would be rarer, thank you Northmount for the Pic.

4 hours ago, Alan RUNDELL said:

Thank you all for your help, yes I use an "Apple" you would think they would be comparable by now.

HEIC is Apple's proprietary version of the HEIF or High-Efficiency Image File format.

When it comes to personal computers, you have these major operating system options: Apple MacIntosh, Microsoft Windows, Google Chrome and open source Linux. Each has its own quirks and file types and the apps to open them vary. You uploaded a file that only people using Apple products can open, unless they already had a special app that recognizes Apple proprietary (not free or open source) file types. Because .heic is an in-house format for Apple Corp, most of their products will save in and open it. Other operating system producers would have to pay a royalty to Apple to include a decoder for this format. The .heic file type is a specialty extension used in professional studio work and Apple iDevices. Perhaps your phone has an option to save photographs in a more common extension, like .jpg. Then the rest of the World can open your photos.

I found an article explaining why Apple iPhones now default to the .heic photo format and how to change it back to .jpg. It goes into detail about the heic format and compares it to the standard .jpg.

I collect BUSMC machines, there are some people that still use these old A1's but they are pretty scarce on the ground.....over 100 years old.... Finding parts is hard and making new parts expensive.

I would just love to find one and get it going and use it......there is a Master Saddler in England that still uses his for all his harness making. They don't sell for a lot of money.

I'll just keep looking.