JWheeler331

Heritage Rough Rider Bird Head Holster

Ended up picking up a little Heritage Rough Rider .22/.22mag combo and need a holster for it. I finished this one up and wore it all day yesterday while performing ranch duties. Feels great in a right hand strong side and a cross draw position. 

30A074C8-0030-45FB-A9D0-A0A498057252_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

959FD9BC-C99A-4D5D-8465-9567A0DD1447_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

52125CBE-24F3-48A7-AB2D-6CBB64A7DDAE_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

IMG_2237_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

excellent basket weave and an awesome little piece of iron.

9 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

excellent basket weave and an awesome little piece of iron.

Thanks man. 

Great job on the basket weave.  I definitely have a soft spot for it.  Got pics of the back side?  Curious how you did the attachment of the retention strap as well as the belt loop.  I can't tell from the pics if the holster is lined or not.  Does the front retention snap come into contact with the firearm (which is sweet looking...love that handle).

39 minutes ago, PastorBob said:

Great job on the basket weave.  I definitely have a soft spot for it.  Got pics of the back side?  Curious how you did the attachment of the retention strap as well as the belt loop.  I can't tell from the pics if the holster is lined or not.  Does the front retention snap come into contact with the firearm (which is sweet looking...love that handle).

The holster is fully suede lined. The snap backs and rivet for the strap are sandwiched between the leather and the suede. Nothing comes in contact with the gun. Normally when I line a holster I stitch all the way around but since this one is for personal use I wanted to just seal up all the edges, slick them and see just how well they hold up with barge. Kind of an experimental holster for my own personal knowledge. 

EF2377B8-8F36-4A0A-9097-3B5420C59534_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

That looks great!  Thanks for posting the pic.  I haven't worked with suede, much less as a liner.  I normally place to 5-6 oz pieces back to back so they are smooth inside and out.  Are there advantages to the suede?  Is it less expensive?  Easier to work?  Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, PastorBob said:

That looks great!  Thanks for posting the pic.  I haven't worked with suede, much less as a liner.  I normally place to 5-6 oz pieces back to back so they are smooth inside and out.  Are there advantages to the suede?  Is it less expensive?  Easier to work?  Thanks in advance!

I just found a roll of it fairly cheap locally so I decided to try it out. It does make for a nice soft interior though that don't mark up as easy. I like it. 

That looks great. I really like the bird's head.

17 hours ago, Viles said:

That looks great. I really like the bird's head.

Thanks Viles.