wwelch55

29-4 Bobbins

I used to buy prewound bobbins for my 29-4 patcher from Summit Leather in Akron OH, but the business clsed up shop. Does anyone know where I can purchase these?  I have metal bobbins but the prewound are so convenient and seem to hold a little more thread. Any leads would be appreciated.

29 minutes ago, wwelch55 said:

Does anyone know where I can purchase these?

I think the style of prewound bobbin for the 29-4 is a style 19. I would give WBC Industries (wbcindustries.com) or The Thread Exchange (thethreadexchange.com) a call.

kgg

Mr. KGG,

I have been hand stitching my products for years, but i'm brand new to sewing machines. So over the course of time, i'll be asking a lot of stupid questions. First question, why would folks want to buy pre-wound bobbins? isn't it just as easy to fill your own off your machine?

thank you

5 minutes ago, PlanoMike said:

why would folks want to buy pre-wound bobbins? isn't it just as easy to fill your own off your machine?

Pre-wound bobbins are great for production work, time is money. Every one is wound exactly the same, convenience, you usually get a little more on the bobbin as compared to winding your own.Also winding bobbins on some machines can be a little more difficult then machines. 

kgg