youdesiremenow

Durkopp 231 or 237 information

I have a Durkopp and not sure if it reads 231-02 or 237-02.  I can't seem to find an ounce of information about this industrial machine.    It seems nice some of the time and came with a roller foot.  I would like to be able to adjust the stitches but it has no place I could find to lengthen them.  I am thinking this machine was modified back in the day to be very specific. It came from a shoe repair shop and was part of a larger purchase.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

thanks Peg

please post pictures of your machine from front back and underside.

The 231-02 seems to be roller foot + wheel feed according to a list I have. I do not know the machine but I assume something similar to the Singer 110w which has 3 preset stitch length and you can change the stitch length by "shifting gears" - but I only can guess.

as I said I do not know the machine but I´m almost certain when you loosening the thumb nut on the pats picture you can shift the gears or the shaft with the gears. Can you post a full view bottom side picture please?

BTW the thread regulator spring needs adjustment. The tension unit is the same as on the Singer 110w / 111w and other.

grafik.png.eeb471f3aaf2a9b6dd530481e0efb61c.png

Edited by Constabulary