Hags

A pair of chest holsters

I recently made these for a camping/hiking couple. Walther p22 for her and a LH Taurus 357 for him with a speedloader pouch riding on the holster. 

IMG_20210903_180327_589.jpg

Most excellent work.  Anyone would be happy to wear those. I particularly like the speed loader holder on the revolver holster.

Very nice work.  Also like the basket weave addition on both.

Great color, but one's backards ;)

Thank you. The basket weave doesn't take long at all on such a small piece. And then everyone looks at my desk where I have my stamping and carving tools set up and gets all excited about hand tooled! Never mind the one off holster design, wet molding,  and custom fitting. People, go figure.. The speed loader pouch has become very popular with revolver holsters. Had a devil of a time making those until I figured out a mold for them. I just finished a chest rig for a Kimber 5" 45 cap and added a mag pouch in the same fashion. 

Yes, I do a new pattern for each gun. Seems I rarely do the same gun twice. I use jlsleather.com's method. It's spelled out on his website and downloadable for free. Then I change them from belt loops to attachment points for the various straps. I do pancake style for both pistol and also for revolvers. I find the"flat back" holsters don't hug the body as well. Probably just me. I believe I saw that on Adam's leather works you tube. It works pretty well and I get great detail.