photo2u

Which servo motor to buy for consew 225

Friend,  I am in the market to upgrade my well maintained consew 225.  I am planing to do slow thicker leather T138 work max.  Mostly T105 and T90. 

Do you have any input as to which one might be the best suited for my type of needs?  I saw a nice one deliver with tax for $60:  Enduro Pro SM645B-2P Servo Motor w/ Positioner Industrial Sewing Machine 220V or

this one for 65 deliver: Enduro sewing machine servo motor 220 volt ONLY variable speed motor SM1050-2PF.

The prices are very low, and I wonder if these motors are just junk?

Please advice,

G.

Why do you need a 220 volt servo motor? The standard in the USA is 110vac.

The servo motors I buy cost $160 delivered and they are analog, with a speed limited knob. All of them are 110 vac.

22 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

The servo motors I buy cost $160 delivered and they are analog, with a speed limited knob. All of them are 110 vac.

Thanks so much for getting back to me.  I truly value your sage advice.  I understand the 110 norm.  I  know my way around electricity and custom installations.  I have 220 in the garage where I am going to use it.  I upgraded my house to run both 220 and 110.  Many things in kitchen, garage, AC, pool,Family/entertainment room, emergency generator hook-ups, ect. That uses 220.  

I guess my question should have been,  Any feedback on these motors? I am not a pro or will be using this in an industrial or professional production. If no one used them, Can someone recommend me a particular model that will work for my applications?

I welcome any input! Not in a hurry to buy.

Edited by photo2u

Consew produces some 220 volt servo motors, as does Enduro. Whatever you look at, make sure it is specifically designed to fit under an industrial sewing machine table, fitting the same bolts as the original motor, and hook up to a floor pedal. If you intend to sew slowly, ask the seller to fit it with a 45 or 50mm pulley. This will slow down the maximum speed and multiply the torque. You will need a new vbelt to go to the machine. It is hard to guess what the difference in length will be until you install the motor. Try to use the original belt and note how much too long or short it is. Then order the appropriate length that is within the motor mount adjuster's range.

20 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

Consew produces some 220 volt servo motors, as does Enduro. Whatever you look at, make sure it is specifically designed to fit under an industrial sewing machine table, fitting the same bolts as the original motor, and hook up to a floor pedal. If you intend to sew slowly, ask the seller to fit it with a 45 or 50mm pulley. This will slow down the maximum speed and multiply the torque. You will need a new vbelt to go to the machine. It is hard to guess what the difference in length will be until you install the motor. Try to use the original belt and note how much too long or short it is. Then order the appropriate length that is within the motor mount adjuster's range.

Thanks so much for the info.  I think I am going to give the enduro in eBay a try.  I saw some videos on YouTube from user of this particular motor.  They appear happy with the end results.

The reason I liked the enduro motor was mainly the price.  I wanted to know if the enduro motor was legit not just junk.   I will keep my options open for the 110 also.

you can change out a 220 breaker to a 110 30amp breaker in the breaker box

use the 2nd hot wire on the 220 breaker as the common on the 110

Just a thought 

6 hours ago, Frodo said:

you can change out a 220 breaker to a 110 30amp breaker in the breaker box

use the 2nd hot wire on the 220 breaker as the common on the 110

Just a thought 

Exactly what I did.    Thanks!  The run from my box is quite long.  I upgraded the main box for future options. 

Edited by photo2u

You're right, that price is extremely low.:dunno: One thing I don't like about it is it's an all-in-one unit, which means if you want to change any settings you have to get down on your knees under the table to access it.

Still, at that price it's probably worth a try.

On 9/15/2021 at 9:10 PM, Wizcrafts said:

What servo motor do you use?

10 hours ago, n866 said:

What servo motor do you use?

I have a bunch of Family Sew FS-550s servo motors. A couple connect to speed reducers and have great slow speed control.