Sign in to follow this  
Handstitched

Saddlers Palm

G'Day, 

My recent purchase from a 'vintage tool preservation' club' at a recent event, love these guys  :)

In amongst all the other  countless vintage  tools , some just for display, and many for sale ,  was this interesting piece. Its a ' saddlers palm' ,  or a 'saddlers collar palm',  or as I call it, a 'saddlers thimble' . Its 'dimpled'  on the inside , and at the end , theres a small  'hollowed' out bit for the needle to sit in.  It sits comfortably in the palm of my hand , hence the name. Theres an ' 87' on the back ?? Not sure what that means ?  a year, size ?   Theres no makers mark, or anything else.  I only paid $12 au . I could have spent a small fortune  and browsed for yonks at their stall, but I had my own stall to tend. 

Any further info is appreciated . 

HS

Saddlers Palm 001.jpg

Saddlers Palm 003.jpg

Saddlers Palm side view 001.jpg

G'Day, 

I've used this tool quite a few times now, its becoming quite handy, not just a ' museum piece' in my workshop. It fits snuggly  and comfortably in the palm of my hand ( as the name suggests)  and I've got small hands too , a good buy that   :specool:

HS

1 hour ago, Handstitched said:

G'Day, 

I've used this tool quite a few times now, its becoming quite handy, not just a ' museum piece' in my workshop. It fits snuggly  and comfortably in the palm of my hand ( as the name suggests)  and I've got small hands too , a good buy that   :specool:

HS

Awesome tool!! I've found the older tools often are about the best at what they do.