Sign in to follow this  
KennethM

Floppy Leather

hey guys I have some chrome tan,3-4 oz.. its really floppy and soft ,I didn't realize how soft it would be when I purchased it..was going to make it into a tote bag..if I line it with itself..itll be maybe 8oz thick, do you think that it would be firm enough for a tote? also do you think that would be to heavy for a tote?

4 minutes ago, KennethM said:

hey guys I have some chrome tan,3-4 oz.. its really floppy and soft ,I didn't realize how soft it would be when I purchased it..was going to make it into a tote bag..if I line it with itself..itll be maybe 8oz thick, do you think that it would be firm enough for a tote? also do you think that would be to heavy for a tote?

I think it would make a beautiful tote bag. I use similar leather, and line it with bonded leather from Rocky Mountain Leather Supply. It is only one ounce thick. I dip dye it for color and glue it to the bag's outside pieces. Without adding much to the overall weight, It stiffens the bag and really showcases supple leather.