Sign in to follow this  
Handstitched

Tank Bib/ Tank Cover

G'Day , 

This is a simple ' tank bib' for a Harley.(Not sure of the model) . Its not too wild,  flash or fancy  just  neat , subtle  as per clients request. . The client wanted  a diamond  theme in the pattern  . 

It has 3mm lace on both sides*. Its skived slightly just where the bib goes under the instrument panel, and where it goes under the seat.  I used 3 coats of  ' seal 'n' shine' to weather proof it , and also went over the lacing ( once finished) with the same . 

* I usually lace left to right, but I also laced from right to left  on the opposite side ,  so the lacing on both sides is 'pointing'  the same direction. 

HS

Tank Bib HD  Sept. 2021.jpg

Edited by Handstitched

very nice work. i'm thinking out making a tank bib for my bike. just wondering, did you add any magnets to help hold the bib to the tank or is this secured by straps under the tank from the front to the back?

zonker

No , no magnets. The client requested a few small  holes on the parts that goes under the instrument panel, (closest to the front)  to secure it. And I guess that its a firm enough fit under the instrument panel, and the seat,  to hold it in place.  The pic doesn't do it justice , as its nice an shiny, the client is really happy with it  :)

HS