Campleathergoods

First Leathercraft Video

I'd love to share my first video promo for my small business Camp Leather Goods. Thanks for your time! link below.

well done.  Loved the scenery and seeing your "finished" shop. I am sure there will be more additions and alterations as time goes by.  Ever changing.  

You did a good video.  Your business name is nice.  Good luck to you and Thanks for sharing! 

Edited by BoxerMel
Misspelled

Very well done. Nice to see another maker from the PNW on the site.

On 9/27/2021 at 8:22 PM, Hags said:

Very well done. Nice to see another maker from the PNW on the site.

Thank you!

Nice personable video spot. Good music score running in the background. 

It can run as a commercial promo on any channel poc.  It looks that professional. 

Those are the good points and much can be said about doing that (most I've seen don't ever get those massively major points correct) 

Here's the bad news...there is nothing in the spot to differentiate you and your work or show the style of custom work you do. Everyone makes wallets and keychains to pay the bills out of the scraps leftover from the custom pieces you make. But exactly what are the signature custom pieces you do?  Western style with ornate tooling or unique dyeing or high end leather like ostrich and eel or deer buckskin or more camping/utilitarian...maybe fine business class pieces or how about hats and costume pieces with bracers and armor.... maybe motorcycle leathers and saddlebags. 

Lots of market segments to go after with your work. And where you are in the PNW...that just means that the neighbors won't whine about the pounding when you are working.  What the spot can use is what custom work you specialize in. (You can specialize in several areas). But a retail customer looking for fine business class portfolio or briefcase isn't going to look at someone who specializes in western saddle and tack with ornate tooling.  And currently your spot doesn't really say. I seen the wallet you had...looked just fine. But it doesn't really explain you. 

On 9/29/2021 at 12:26 PM, johnnydb said:

Nice personable video spot. Good music score running in the background. 

It can run as a commercial promo on any channel poc.  It looks that professional. 

Those are the good points and much can be said about doing that (most I've seen don't ever get those massively major points correct) 

Here's the bad news...there is nothing in the spot to differentiate you and your work or show the style of custom work you do. Everyone makes wallets and keychains to pay the bills out of the scraps leftover from the custom pieces you make. But exactly what are the signature custom pieces you do?  Western style with ornate tooling or unique dyeing or high end leather like ostrich and eel or deer buckskin or more camping/utilitarian...maybe fine business class pieces or how about hats and costume pieces with bracers and armor.... maybe motorcycle leathers and saddlebags. 

Lots of market segments to go after with your work. And where you are in the PNW...that just means that the neighbors won't whine about the pounding when you are working.  What the spot can use is what custom work you specialize in. (You can specialize in several areas). But a retail customer looking for fine business class portfolio or briefcase isn't going to look at someone who specializes in western saddle and tack with ornate tooling.  And currently your spot doesn't really say. I seen the wallet you had...looked just fine. But it doesn't really explain you. 

Thanks for taking the time to watch and for all the feedback! greatly appreciated.

Caleb

On 9/24/2021 at 6:23 AM, Campleathergoods said:

I'd love to share my first video promo for my small business Camp Leather Goods. Thanks for your time! link below.

Thanks for this video. I come across this all the time, which is why I pay attention to it. I have discovered a site that has turned into a veritable treasure trove of stock dubai miracle garden video. It greatly aids in the preparation of the task and the selection of essential content.

Edited by LouisOrtiz

On 9/29/2021 at 2:26 PM, johnnydb said:

Here's the bad news...there is nothing in the spot

If what you do is something anybody can do, don't be surprised when anybody DOES.

Well done!  I enjoyed it very much and really dig your shop setting. 

It takes time to build a brand.  There's a young lady who I follow on two YouTube channels, one where she does reviews of watches (one of my passions) and boots.  Because of that channel I am becoming more interested in finding and purchasing a pair of quality boots, the type you can wear outdoors but not feel out of place wearing to a social gathering.  She also just recently started a channel to help other aspiring YouTubers to get started and to thrive.  

I'll link a couple of her videos below.  Worth checking out.  Her creativity and her camera, editing and presentation skills are formidable.  

There are literally thousands of leather channels on YouTube and when you begin to watch some of the videos an algorithm takes hold and the site begins to recommend other channels to you.  Works just like all of the advertising "pop-ups", where your search history causes related products to be thrust upon you whether you like it or not.  It is a double-edged sword, with some channels being foisted upon you that you have zero interest in, and every now and then leading you to a great channel with some really quality content.  And watching those will cause even more to be recommended to you and on it goes.  

I checked the stats for the video featured in this thread.  I like the video, it is quite nice, very professional.  It was the first video and shouldn't be assumed to "tell the whole story".  The idea I think is to hook people and entice them to subscribe so that they won't miss future videos.  And it is through a succession of videos that the brand becomes more differentiated and identifiable.  Each subsequent video helps to build a persona for the brand.  Some do a good job of it, and others go off in so many tangents that it is difficult to tell what is important to the brand.

The video has been up a year now and has generated more than 7,000 views and 726 subscribers.  The channel owner has gone on to make about 23 additional "long form" videos.  In addition, 7 "shorts" have been recorded and posted.  The topics are wide-ranging from reviews to "how-to", and a shop tour which has generated over 8K views.  Interestingly, the how-to sneaker-making video has generated the most views.  

I hope that everyone maintains a spirit of positivity for this brand and any others who are out there trying to make it happen.  It isn't easy as we all know.  And I trust that helpful people will offer advice based on their own experiences in striving to create a brand.

I think the following videos show what is possible.  In this first one, only 2 weeks old, Elle Grant tells how she got her channel monetized in a very short period of time.  For those not familiar with YouTube, yes, they actually pay you once your channel grows to a certain level and receives the required number of views.  She explains more in the video.  And yes, it can be lucrative enough that some people's full time job is creating content for their channel and they earn well into 6 figures annually.  A number of channel owners earn millions.  You can find a list of them if you're curious.  Anyways, hope these are interesting and helpful.

Edited by Tugadude

22 hours ago, Tugadude said:

It takes time to build a brand.  There's a young lady who I follow on two YouTube channels, one where she does reviews of watches (one of my passions) and boots.  Because of that channel I am becoming more interested in finding and purchasing a pair of quality boots, the type you can wear outdoors but not feel out of place wearing to a social gathering.  She also just recently started a channel to help other aspiring YouTubers to get started and to thrive.  

I'll link a couple of her videos below.  Worth checking out.  Her creativity and her camera, editing and presentation skills are formidable.  

There are literally thousands of leather channels on YouTube and when you begin to watch some of the videos an algorithm takes hold and the site begins to recommend other channels to you.  Works just like all of the advertising "pop-ups", where your search history causes related products to be thrust upon you whether you like it or not.  It is a double-edged sword, with some channels being foisted upon you that you have zero interest in, and every now and then leading you to a great channel with some really quality content.  And watching those will cause even more to be recommended to you and on it goes.  

I checked the stats for the video featured in this thread.  I like the video, it is quite nice, very professional.  It was the first video and shouldn't be assumed to "tell the whole story".  The idea I think is to hook people and entice them to subscribe so that they won't miss future videos.  And it is through a succession of videos that the brand becomes more differentiated and identifiable.  Each subsequent video helps to build a persona for the brand.  Some do a good job of it, and others go off in so many tangents that it is difficult to tell what is important to the brand.

The video has been up a year now and has generated more than 7,000 views and 726 subscribers.  The channel owner has gone on to make about 23 additional "long form" videos.  In addition, 7 "shorts" have been recorded and posted.  The topics are wide-ranging from reviews to "how-to", and a shop tour which has generated over 8K views.  Interestingly, the how-to sneaker-making video has generated the most views.  

I hope that everyone maintains a spirit of positivity for this brand and any others who are out there trying to make it happen.  It isn't easy as we all know.  And I trust that helpful people will offer advice based on their own experiences in striving to create a brand.

I think the following videos show what is possible.  In this first one, only 2 weeks old, Elle Grant tells how she got her channel monetized in a very short period of time.  For those not familiar with YouTube, yes, they actually pay you once your channel grows to a certain level and receives the required number of views.  She explains more in the video.  And yes, it can be lucrative enough that some people's full time job is creating content for their channel and they earn well into 6 figures annually.  A number of channel owners earn millions.  You can find a list of them if you're curious.  Anyways, hope these are interesting and helpful.

Thanks for the great info, @Tugadude.  Your post is exactly what keeps me here...to learn and be encouraged by encouraging folks.  I will have to watch those video links you posted.  I am trying to get my channel up and going as well.  As of now, I only have 220 subscribers.  Hope to get it monetized someday.  

34 minutes ago, PastorBob said:

Thanks for the great info, @Tugadude.  Your post is exactly what keeps me here...to learn and be encouraged by encouraging folks.  I will have to watch those video links you posted.  I am trying to get my channel up and going as well.  As of now, I only have 220 subscribers.  Hope to get it monetized someday.  

You now have 221 subscribers!  That's the way it works, you can't be a subscriber unless you know about the channel!  I never noticed the link in your signature.  

And yes, I believe in encouragement.  I believe it is one of God's gifts to me, and I use it as much as possible.  Thanks Pastor Bob.

5 hours ago, Tugadude said:

You now have 221 subscribers!  That's the way it works, you can't be a subscriber unless you know about the channel!  I never noticed the link in your signature.  

And yes, I believe in encouragement.  I believe it is one of God's gifts to me, and I use it as much as possible.  Thanks Pastor Bob.

Thank you, my friend!  Appreciate it!!

8 hours ago, Burkhardt said:

I'm one of them.

Thanks @Burkhardt  Those things are time consuming for sure.  Hope to get a few more posted in the next month!