Sign in to follow this  
Candothiscandothat

Help preset foot not raising when sewing

Are you turning the handwheel with the foot already "up" by the lift lever?  If it's already up, I don't think it will lift much or any higher by turning the wheel.   The chances of having 2 machines with the same mechanical issue at the same time are pretty slim...Probably nothing wrong.

8 hours ago, Candothiscandothat said:

Hi 

consew 206 and 226 both presser feet raise with lever but not when turning the wheel? Hopefully an easy fix please and thanks

Why should the presser feet raise when you turn the handwheel?  Or am I not understanding what you said?

The presser feet raise via the lever on the back of the machine OR by using the knee lifter (if installed).

MtBiker, I thought he meant to say the foot wont lift while sewing. 

The 206 and 226 are unison feed machines, they should lift and lower while stitching.  Maybe he's testing it with the foot in the "up" position, with the lift lever up.  At least that's what I thought might be the issue.   No way he could have two failed machines at the same time?

Hey everyone 

I think the issue is that pieces were missing from both machines, including the walking foot so when I was turning the wheel the needle and walking foot were moving but nothing there to press down to fire off the presser foot I guess and complete the motion. Thankfully should be an easy fix when I get ahold of some replacement parts , really excited to get new servo motors on these and put them to work as they were severely neglected. Current set up is a juki 1508 , consew 206r, and then these two 206rbl and 226r. Thank you all for the help as I’m new to all of this, about a year in mainly working with marine vinyl looking to move into leather and heavier material soon! 

Edited by Candothiscandothat