FrenchMich

Western spurs straps

Hello,

My last job, a pair of spurs straps. I got inspired from a design of Bob Park (I could almost say I copied it ... Sorry Mister Park please excuse me).
1703259989_IMG-20210924-WA00001600x1200.thumb.jpg.addbcd1d7422a54a5710959f2f614a65.jpg

After Carving and before assembly

876168948_IMG-20210924-WA00011600x1200.thumb.jpg.332209f177df036442c3f23d57ed5007.jpg

After assembly. Buckles and conchos are from CONCHOS.COM

Leather is two layers of 8/9 Oz Natural stamping and molding straps Hermann Oak without color, only ''bouche pores'' in French, I don't know the name in English (if somebody can help me?)

Very nice work. In English it would be natural. I will have to visit Conchos.com , thanks for the info.

Very impressive work!

37 minutes ago, rleather said:

Very nice work. In English it would be natural. I will have to visit Conchos.com , thanks for the info.

I misspoked, I'm looking for the translation for ''bouche pores'' it's a product which clogs the pores of the leather to make it waterproof and at the same time, gives it a slightly satin appearance. For that, I use a French Product originally intended for wood treatment. It's nammed Matine Luxor of the Brand Surgand.

Thanks Bob

The depth on the carving is quite deep just outside those loops Mich and it looks awesome!

Those straps are a work of art!  I like Hermann Oak for making tack - tight fibers and nice finish are consistent from hide to hide.  Dr. Google says "bouche pores" is wood grain filler in English.  You're using it as a resist for the finish?

Thank you Tom,

The ''bouche pores" is not a mastic , it's a fluid filler which clogs leather pores.matine-luxor.jpg.a32437967ac0239b5a86ae70d7eea2fc.jpg

Those are beautiful. One question though... How are you attaching the body of the strap to the button on the heel band? You don't seem to have any slots cut in the body to accommodate them the way you do in the strap.

I'd love to see them on boots.