KennethM

conceal carry tote

hey guys I had a customer ask me for a tote bag with a conceal carry pocket.. looking for inspiration, patterns and tips. I use a cobra class 26 

I'd start by looking at concealed carry purses for women.  Also find out if your customer wants a separate easy access compartment or if they want it in the main compartment.  Depending on what they want will help determine how much retention you need for the holster.  An external easy access pocket might require a fully retained holster where as a deeply concealed pocket in the main body would not.

Scootch

9 hours ago, KennethM said:

hey guys I had a customer ask me for a tote bag with a conceal carry pocket.. looking for inspiration, patterns and tips. I use a cobra class 26 

My wife's purse had an outside zipper area that would open up to a padded, generic holster velcroed in place inside the pocket.  It was sold out of a gun shop.  I would think if you are making a custom bag for someone, you could make a removable holster attached with velcro to hold it in place that was specific to the firearm. Then, should they ever change the firearm they carry to another model, they come back to you for another insert.

My problem with CC totes or purses is that they may be snatched from one's shoulder. If I was making one, I would have included a very strong connection with the one's waist.

Leodis Leather (see YouTube and Etsy) has a pattern pack for a tote bag that with a little tailoring should answer the mail. All you'd really have to do aside from following the directions for the tote would be to modify the interior pocket to give the heater somewhere to ride a bit deeper.

On 9/29/2021 at 7:36 PM, KennethM said:

be sure you make it so you can throw the tote and keep the pistol. Make the pocket on the outside and to the body for what ever hand your customer needs. My daughter bought a cc purse  but had no idea how they work. She had no idea that they are made so you can throw the purse or hand it over to distract while pulling the iron. And as said really good straps.

Edited by chuck123wapati