teddy8bear

Can I pick your brain? adler 205-64 how to fix shuttle hook in sewing machine?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TbSnNr1nD2n6zpnHA

Please see the attached. I've got new bobbin case 0504151380. with shuttle frame 0504151220.

However It doesn't fit on 205-64 cylinder arm. Would you help me if I bought wrong parts? or there is still a lack of parts for mechanical repair?

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Northmount
Load photos here

@teddy8bear Moved your post to leather sewing machines.  Used is in the marketplace where you post to sell equipment.

Please post photos here so they don't disappear when 3rd party host, or who ever changes requirements, location, PW etc.  Threads become useless when the photos illustrating the information disappear. 

For videos, save on YouTube or other 3rd party host as they won't usually fit here.  Since this video is relatively small, I was able to post it here with your photos.

The Adler 205's came with 2 different size shuttles.  The earlier 205's had the adler 105 shuttle. The later models had the larger 205 specific shuttle.  I have a 205-64 myself and mine has the larger late model shuttle.  

If your 205-64 had 105 prefix on the original shuttle part number, you have the old style 105 shuttle. on your 205-64 any time you see the 105 prefix it's a 105/205 part, if it starts with 205 it's a 205 spec part. 

Now, your new part has a new type of part number system used.  Durkopp Adler changed how they spec parts at some point.  If you look online they have a conversion chart to convert old numbers to the new number system.

I  believe the standard singer 45k shuttle is the same as the adler 105. You may want to check into that to see if I remember correctly.

Now that I've said all that, I can't really tell from your photos. the fit of the shuttle is fairly precise. does it fit INSIDE of the race that it runs in? 

Edited by Cumberland Highpower

The  part numbers on your actual parts don’t agree with the part numbers shown in the parts manual linked above, so you may not have the correct parts. 

This video below shows how to remove and re-install the shuttle hook (not really necessary in order to remove the feed dog!) You will have to insert the shuttle into the outer race  before inserting the race+shuttle assembly back into the machine. 

The part numbers on the shuttle hook in the video start with 204……

Actually UWE i've seen new 205 shuttles with the same part number system he's displaying.  Maybe they're made in Romania? Just a guess. 

There should only be 3 types of Adler shuttles of this size/scale.  for the 105 (Also used in early 205), the 205 and the 969.

Edited by Cumberland Highpower

The part number on the blue box in the video actually does match the parts drawing, yay!

A0311764-946C-4CD8-84D9-DCDDB7E79C70.jpegAB871345-1FC6-4F51-ADB2-F9B59B667211.jpeg

And the shuttle does look like it fits nicely inside the race in the video. Having a clear, steady moment of that view would have been useful.

2A0FB22D-999F-4995-9FF8-DBD2F478FAE7.jpeg75D2CE29-10F5-4400-B2E7-79F7D27CB025.jpeg

Since the parts appears to be correct, then it comes down to the installation procedure, which my video linked above hopefully shows in enough detail.

Edited by Uwe