JayEhl

TechSew 2700 forward/reverse

Hi,

I bought a used TechSew 2700 and am having difficulty understanding the lever that controls the stitch length and the forward/reverse.   

I took it down to a local shop after I purchased it and they got it all oiled up and timed and showed me how it works but we had a language barrier and I could not hardly understand any instructions.  Crazy part is that he showed me before I left how easily it sewed the sample leather and didn't have to hold down the lever or anything. It just zoomed along.    I took it home and now I have to hold the lever down to make it run forward and if I leave the lever where it is it goes in reverse stitch.  Should be the opposite.   Plus, I don't know what those numbers mean on the label (assuming its stitches per inch?) 

Anyway, because I have to hold the lever down to go forward, I think this is the reason why when I try to sew it isn't able to pick up the bobbin thread  ( or it's another one of my screw ups).     The manual I downloaded is complete crap (translated from a foreign language) and doesn't cover this area at all.   

Is there a button or a switch or something that I may have messed up?  

Your advice and experience are invaluable. 

Thanks in advance. 

~JL 

On the TS 2700, when the stitch lever is up the machine sews forward. Holding it down sews in reverse. If that is not happening now, take it back to the mechanic who messed it up and get him to fix it. Hire a translator if necessary.

You didn’t say if you took just the head in or the whole table setup with motor. Are you sure your motor (and the machine) is turning in correct direction when you try to sew at home? If the machine is spinning backwards then the feed will be reversed and it certainly won’t make a stitch.

Maybe this manual is better:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1105531/Consew-227r-2.html

Same machine - different brand.

What Uwe said - if it has a servo motor then you usually can change the rotation direction w/o problem - hope you have a manual for the motor. If it has a clutch motor you most likely have to change some wiring to change the rotation direction.

Edited by Constabulary

Hi thanks at @Constabulary  I am printing it out to take home to compare.  From first glance I think it has more precise directions.  

@Wizcrafts  The funny thing is that the lever was not pressed and the foot was walking forward and everything is working fine when it left the store!  

Which I think now leads me to what @Uwe  said;  I took down just the head .  It may be the servo motor not going in the right direction?  Fortunately, I do have a manual but the translation has room for improvement.   I'll go home to noodle around on this some more.  

I was able to find another local mechanic who said he would be able to help and spoke English so if anything, I have to just wait and spend a little more to get this guy humming.

Thanks all.

On 10/4/2021 at 5:06 PM, JayEhl said:

I took it home and now I have to hold the lever down to make it run forward and if I leave the lever where it is it goes in reverse stitch. 

You may have accidentally set the motor to reverse rotation. Can you post a photo of your motor, I'll send you the proper instructions to reset.

Hi

Here is a picture of my servo motor.  Let me know if you need anything more.  And thank you in advance!!

1633572570455.jpg

Your servo is brushless and uses up and down pushbutton combinations to set various parameters, including the direction it rotates. If you have the manual, consult it. If you don't request a copy from Techsew.

8 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

request a copy from Techsew.

Thank you,  @Wizcrafts.      Can @Techsew Ron    help me with a link to download the manual?  

Thanks

23 hours ago, Techsew Ron said:

You may have accidentally set the motor to reverse rotation. Can you post a photo of your motor, I'll send you the proper instructions to reset.

Techsew Industrial Sewing Machines
Call toll-free: 866-415-8223
Visit www.techsew.com

Did you miss this? Ron offered to send the instructions to you.

Thanks, @Wizcrafts   I called them just a bit ago and spoke to a very sweet lady on the phone who said she would send me something.   I am looking forward to it!

We no longer sell that motor (it's from 2014) but here are the motor direction instructions:

Motor Rotation Direction
Caution: Motor rotation direction should only be changed when using a machine that requires it
(coverstitch, blindstitch, overlock). By default, the direction will be set to counter-clockwise.
Operating your motor in the wrong direction can harm the inner components of your machine
and should be avoided. Only use the reverse lever on your machine (if applicable) to back-tack.
To modify the motor rotation direction:
1) Press and hold the ▼ (down) button for several seconds, until the screen reads “S.0”.
2) Press the ▲ (up) button 2 times, until you see “S.2”, then immediately press the ▼
button.
3) The screen will read “r.E” (regular rotation) or “r.P” (reverse rotation). Press the ▼ or ▲
button to change the setting. After 5 seconds, your chosen speed will be saved.

Edited by Techsew Ron

Thanks @Techsew Ron   I'll try that when I get home and will let ya'all know if that solves my problem.  

:trumpet:Boy I was so excited I had to post that it was a success!!:trumpet:   @Techsew Ron  and @Uwe  thank you very much!!    I took the instructions that was sent and from there it was as exactly as was described!!

Worked like it did at the shop before I brought it home!  So... part of my next steps after I got everything working without pressing the lever was to figure out why the thread wasn't picking up from the bobbin but I did think that once the forward vs reverse lever was figured out I thought it should just work....and it did!!   Wished someone else was there to take that picture of me!!    :banana: 

I know some folks here get freaky about shared links and its totally understandable so ... spoiler alert, this is a link to my personal MS OneDrive share drive.  I uploaded the video from my phone.   Will a virus drop in your computer because you select the link?  These days nothing is 100% so .....  how does that go?  caveat emptor :trumpet:?   

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnZ0zsCyoIMZiBQA0uD66cLelBlu

I was just so proud of my self that my toy is FINALLY working that I had to made the video!!

Here are some pictures for those that don't care for the video link:

I would be hard pressed to tell you the ounce I had but I'm guessing 3/4?  The gray pieces is what the shop had laying around to show me that it was working.  I'm thinking it's at least 4/5 oz and its' doubled over.  So all together, that's pretty thick!    And don't mind the thread going everywhere.  I was too excited to go find my pair of scissors.  

Thanks again you guys!!  

1537915145_messages_0(5).thumb.jpeg.d3326f8fb1560185cd9bd723b9e78999.jpeg1386084665_messages_0(3).thumb.jpeg.36122756e55660a4283966f224c952f1.jpeg709772552_messages_0(2).thumb.jpeg.82fa88002b9078c67fb7a871e0ee9dee.jpeg2058884120_messages_0(1).thumb.jpeg.49ff610fdd9fd68d877b022bcfff9030.jpegmessages_0.thumb.jpeg.4b758c0efe6ca46d298412c590c951bf.jpeg

messages_0 (4).jpeg

8 hours ago, JayEhl said:

I was just so proud of my self that my toy is FINALLY working

That is great news.

kgg